Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
Im new to this side of fertility treatment and have recently begun my first IVF treatment where i am at the beginning stages of the Protocol.
I would of tried to search for my answers however didnt know how to use the right words for what answers i need.

So if i can just briefly explain that Im currently taking Microgonon pill for two weeks which i started on Friday 18th March. Im then due to have the Gonapeptyl on 19th April followed by 12 days of injecting on 10th May. Should everything be progressing ok (fingers crossed) i should be having Eg collection done on 23rd May and transfering on 26th or 28th May.

My question is, what would be the best things i can do during this time to increase my chances of making the embies more sticky during my 2WW. I have quite a stressful job, so i will be having a word with my manager if there is anything i can do to during this time.

Can i hear anyones experience what they found to help and give a BFP? is there anything i can take or do to increase my chances?
I feel its a daft question but had to ask anyway?

Baby dust to all

xx ^pray^

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi Angel,

You will get so much different advice from people on what you should be doing in the 2 ww and none of it will have any evidence that it actually helped them get a BFP.  Sorry if I sound negative. My clinic told me it is down to luck and nothing else.

My friend had IVF and weighed about 9 stone, had 2 weeks of work, she gave up all bad food and alcohol and had acupuncture to.  She got a BFN.

I weighed 13 stone, hate vegetables and eat crap, drank the odd glass of wine, went shopping after ET and went back to work after ET and now have a 15 month old son sitting on my lap!

You can draw you own conclusions from that, but at the end of the day, do what you feel is right for you.

Good luck.

Stacey
x

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
As already mentioned, it's very likely just one of those things and there is very little you can actually do to improve your chances...

Although if, like me, you prefer to be at least feel like you are doing everything possible then i'd just advise talking to your doctor about taking baby aspirin which clinical studies suggested can improve your chances by 25%.

Also, eating yourself healthy and keeping exercise and stress to a minimum are pretty standard.

I wouldn't advise throwing caution to the wind, just because if it didn't happen i would be pretty hard on myself  :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts