Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^ ^wave^ Everyone

Please bear with me whilst I get to grips with this new forum.

My name is Kerrie and I am 27 years old and live near Loughborough in Leics.  I have been ttcing for 18 months now.  12months of that I have been on Metformin and a diet!!!  Been married to Scott  ^Heart^ for 18 months.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS for 9 years.  Fell pg by accident in 1999 but s/b at 26 weeks  ^angel^ ^blueted^ Thomas.  Fell pg again in 2001 but m/c'd at 8 weeks.

Main symptoms of pcos are excess weight (really struggle with it), very erratic and irregular cycles/AF, slight excess hair and acne around mouth.

I look forward to getting some helpful tips on getting that illustrious BFP and sharing my ups and downs with you all.

Lots of Love

SK
xxx

·
Registered
92 Posts
^hello^Kerrie and welcome to FF.

Hope you find lots and lots of support here.

I too have PCOS and know just how upsetting it can be, I sometimes feel I have been cursed with an syndrome that robs me of being a proper woman, after all so many women can fall pregnant as easily as making a cuppa!

Any way I wish you all the luck, joy and babydust in the world. ^fairydust^

Clairabeth xx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Kerrie,

I'm 23 and was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 years ago.

I had had 3 m/c's, was struggling to lose weight and my periods were really erratic, they had been varying from 8 weeks apart to 12 months apart for about 4 years but it took a while to get my GP to take my seriously (he actually said "most women would be grateful not to have a period every month", which is not what you want to hear when you are ttc).

I was referred to that consultant at my local hospital who, after a blood test and scan, diagnosed me with PCOS and put me on metaformin.

My periods returned to "normal" (every 6 weeks) after taking this for a few months and I lost a bit of weight, but as I still wasn't pregnant, he prescribed clomid. I took this for six months but unfortunately, this did nothing for me, hence me now being on my first cycle of IVF.

Fingers crossed for you honey  ^goodluck^. I'm new to this site too and it really does help to know that there are people who understand what you're going through.  

Best wishes  :)

Sarah

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Hi Kerrie,

I'm a newbie here too - so Hi!
So sorry to hear of your loss's
Wishing you lots of luck in your TTC journey  ^goodluck^

Tamsin
x

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hello Kerry
Im afraid I dont know too much about PCOS but I am sure you have come to the right place, after all regardless of which medical label we fall under we are all in the same situation.
Good luck
Dydie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.