Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I just discovered this site yesterday - think its fantastic!  My DH and I have been ttc for 4 years - NHS diagnosed unexplained. Had 6 months clomid, 2 IUI's - no joy. On IVF waiting list for 18 months, no idea when it will be our turn, so fed up with waiting and went to private clinic. They diagnosed PCOS straight away.  Am now 2 weeks into first IVF cycle!  Few bruises from DH being a bit overkeen with injections, but trying to keep positive attitude!  Looking forward to sharing experiences with you all

Good luck to all trying and congrats to mums-to-be!!! :)

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi

welcome to ff! good luck and fingers crossed for your cycle
There is a thread for people going through ivf which you might like to take a look at
Please feel free to join us in the chat room for a natter if you want to, there is usually someone there

take care
suzie aka olive

G

·
Hi
I'm Kiti (31) Dh (38) ttc for an eternity! (6yrs) well it feels like it.

I have just discovered this site and have added it to my favorites.  I could do with a little support and this looks just the place.  Below is a run down of our history.  I look forward to chatting with you all.

Started with clomid for approx 1yr. Then diagnosed with PCOS DH swimmers didn't look great either.
Added to NHS waiting list and waited for 4yrs finally gave up and went privately.
First ICSI treatment ended as ovaries didn't respond on normal dose.  Went straight into another go but had been advised to give ICSI a miss and was on max dose of drugs.
2nd attempt with IVF went well got 13 oc 8 fertilized 2 put back none to freeze got BFN.
Finally got to the top of waiting list
3rd attempt got12, 6 fertilized 2 put back BFN!

Now I have been on sniffs for about 4 weeks and due to start jabs on 30th August.
Both DH and I have lost 3 stone each in weight in preparation and have completely changed our diet and life styles compared to the previous cycles.  Now all we have to do is hope!

::)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this site and to the IVF world. I am 31 yrs old, had ectopic when i was 21 and one tube removed. Discovered last year through HSG that other tube is blocked. Went on NHS waiting list last Dec for IVF, recently got date through to start IVF investigations at Barts hospital. Had blood tests last week for rebella and various hormones?? Will be taking them with me on 20th Oct for full day of analysis. Half excited and nervous! Hope ovary and uterus scan ok!!! Does anyone know how long I will wait to start IVF from initial conseltation day? I'm thinking Dec with cycle in mind? well...good luck to you all, any advise/help/support greatly appreciated...this all feels a bit lonely. silly me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A big warm welcome to Churchill, Kiti and Clarey ^Cuddle^

Churchill and Clarey how exciting!! you might want to join the 2ww thread once your precious embies have been put back as this is the nail biting bit!!  But plenty of other threads you could joing in the meantime.

Churchill, i let my dh do one injection (to let him feel involved) and that was the only bruise i had throughout!!! needless to say he didnt get to do another!  ^evil^

Clarey, i know that every clinic is different.  After my consultation, we only had to wait for forms to be returned from GP (new 'welfare of the child' forms, which are compulsory now for ivf) this took about 6wks then we were able to plan to start after my next af.

Good luck to you all, and feel free to join us in chat room if you fancy a blether. :)

Love Nic xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts