Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
^hello^ and welcome Rasberry
Tell us a bit about yourself.
You will find this site really helpful and everyone is really nice and friendly so dont be afraid to ask questions!
^hugme^

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome ....

currently at work using the net so sorry for the delay replied. Im 27 and my Husband is 34 and have been trying for a baby approx 18 months. I have had all the test and im fine so my its my husbands turn to have the tests to check him. We have been see what is availble out there if we cant concieve naturally and IUI has popped up quiet abit has any had this and know how you go about getting it ie NHS or Privately

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi again
To be honest i'm not one of the IF experts on here but i think that IUI isn't usually done if there are problems with sperm (I could be wrong though!!)  It's good news that you dont have any problems though, one less thing to worry about!  :)
Usually your GP will refer you for the treatment but NHS funding depends on lots of different critera e.g. if either of you already have children, and also health issues, if you are over weight or smoke they may not treat you until you loose weight or stop smoking.  My trust has said that I have to have stopped smoking for 6 months before they will treat me and DH.  A lot of areas will also only fund one treatment of IVF/ICSI (I dont know if that also applies to IUI).  Some people decide to go privately for treatment while on the NHS waiting list. 
I'm sure that one of the mods will be along soon to point you in the right direction.
Sorry if I sound a bit vague but I dont want to give you bad advice!!  Maybe you could speak to your GP about things?  I know its really difficult at first not knowing where to go or what to expect but that is what this site if for  ^hugme^

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was at the Hospital yesterday and the gynie DR (female) told me i was ok and that my husbands sperm count was ok however the mobility wasn't he has an appointment next month with urologe dept (not sure if thats the correct spelling) next month. I asked her if there would be anything they could do to help them be more mobile and she said no and i asked what were my options were and she said IVF however because my husband already has at 13yr daughter from a previous relationship so she quiet bluntly said we wont get IVF on the NHS. Her manner was awful i felt like she was basically say because he has a kid tough crap we'll not help you

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Raspberry! :)

Welcome to FF and well done on posting!

I'm going to give you a few links which may be helpful to you, based on what information your clinic have already given you.

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

I also see from your post that your partner has a daughter from a previous relationship and therefore you won't qualify for funding. I'm the same as you here, we were encouraged to apply for part funding on the basis that I had no children, this didn't work for us, but I believe sometimes couples are lucky worth a go? I don't know how old you are but I'm going to send you a link on egg share, if you are over 35 don't read it as you will not be able to offer your eggs. Basically, ladies who are kind enough to share their eggs with another couple who are not able to produce good quality female eggs are able to have their treatment heavily subsidised. I wished I had known about this at the beginning of our IF journey, but again it is very individual and doesn't suit everybody.

Egg Share ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area

G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

Louj x :-*

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Rasberry
Have sent a PM to your message box
x

·
Registered
794 Posts
I havent recieved anything from you Rasberrry  ???

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Rasberry and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Im sorry to hear that the hospital were quite blunt with you and your husband as regards to what your treatments available are and that you will have to self fund due to your husband having had a child already. Im afraid this is the rules in most places but they could have been more understanding. Its good that your tests have come back all fine. Sorry to hear that your husbands motility isnt great - is he taking any supplements or anything to aid him? Good luck for the future.

Kate xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts