Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,  me and hubby ( both 30) been ttc for 3 years now after seeking help we were referred for IUI only to then be told we were unsuitable due to Antibodies in hubby's sperm, we're now been referred to Bristol for IVF, have come from hospital today after getting the green light for nhs funding hooray! I had to lose 3 stone and give up smoking. Thought I'd come and say hi to all as we're currently going through this on our own, haven't told our family about the treatment as we're finding it quite hard to come to terms with the fact that we can't conceive naturally and find it very hard to talk to family or in-laws about this. Had lots of blood taken today for routine hiv hep b and c tests? and now waiting for appointment to come through to see someone at Bristol, I'm so nervous don't know what to expect don't know how I'm gonna cope with working and going through this treatment, Arggh!  ^eyes^

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Applejack

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site, you will find lots and lots of suppoirt here from people who are in the same situation as you.

^reiki^ and  ^hugme^

Foxylady x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Applejack and welcome to FF!

Well done on your referral to Bristol, they are very good and have an excellent reputation, you will be in good hands! ^reiki^

My DH also has antisperm antibodies and these weren't diagnosed until November last year and we went through clomid and IUI, so it's a positive thing that they have been found so quickly and you are off to Bristol. We were told that we needed ICSI, but my dh had 95% asa, may be worth you looking at ;)

I'm going to post you some links which will be useful for you, it will point you in the direction of other girls who are having treatment and you can share experiences, support and learn from each other. It all seems a bit daunting when you are starting out but FF will keep you sane, well it has me, almost ;D

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

IVF General CLICK HERE

Just incase you go down the ICSI route;

For the ICSI board -CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area ;)
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE There is a newbie night here on Wednesdays, from 8pm, hosted by Caz and Dizzi, it's a great way to meet other newbies and get a better understanding of the site.

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) I found this great to meet local girls, great to get the lowdown on local clinics and also meets for coffee etc. if that is your thing.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending you ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

If you have any q's whatsoever, just ask! I look forward to reading about how you are getting on.

Well done on giving up smoking and your weight loss, not easy to do on their own let alone together, you go girl :-* Woo Hoo!

Louj x :) :-*

·
Registered
17 Posts
^daisy^ Hello, and welcome.  I too am new and am currently in the  ^2ww^ following my first IUI
last wednesday.  Wishing you loads of luck for upcoming treatment  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
306 Posts
hi hun i felt the exact same as you at first .Im currently on day5 of ivf treatment .so if theres anything u wanna ask just send me a message hun i dont mind .wishing u lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ during your tx .xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Applejack, just wanted to say welcome to Fertility Friends and to wish you loads of luck with your cycle. ^goodluck^

Please do join the cycle buddies as I know you will get loads of support there through this.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

^reiki^ C~x

·
Registered
794 Posts
^hello^ and welcome to FF  so much good luck to you with your 1st treatment, myself and DH are about to go through the 1st too lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone for your help and kind words, I've been reading up on here, and feel a bit calmer about things now, still terrified, but looking forward to starting treatment, bring it on... thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Applejack!

Aww glad you feel calmer going into treatment! 

Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ and  ^fairydust^

Louj x  :-*

·
Registered
17 Posts
^hello^ AppleJack,

A huge wecome to FF, Im new to so just want to say, everyone are so friendly and supportive, Im so glad that I found this site.

Im sorry that you haven't been able to tell your families.We couldn't decide wether to tell them or not, so understand where you are coming from. My in laws have been amazing a very supportive, this surprised me as I don't feel like a woman not being able to ovulate, but my family has been a nightmare and don't seem to care less. All my mum said to me was " well I have 3 grandson's" this really hurt and now when I try to talk about things the subject is always changed so don't talk about it now I just talk to my mother in law. This is why Im so glad I found this site, everyone understands and are so happy to talk and help.

Im sending you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and tons of  ^fairydust^, good luck with your treatment I have everything crossed for you and hope that you get that  ^BFP^ very soon.

Hope you are having a good weekend, take care  ^hugme^ XXX

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Apple jack and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to say well done on losing the weight and giving up smoking :) Really pleased that you got NHS funding and loads of luck with the IVF and getting a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts