Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^daisy^

Hi, I'm new to this site and have found it really useful for information.

Due to start ICSI treatment soon, and very worried.
My FSH levels keep fluctuating between 8.1 and 13.3.
Is this something to worry about?

alimar

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Alimar,

My FSH levels are 9.1 and I know that when I was worried, there were lots of others with higher FSH's than mine.

Why don't you join us on the ICSI thread - Male Factor Part 8. We are all going through ICSI at the moment and we've all got lots of experiences to share with you.

Any worries I woudl raise with your clinci but if they are willing to proceed with tx, I guess they are not too worried. My clinic wanted my levels to be <8 as I am egg sharing and they wanted to be sure I coudl produce enough eggs for sharing. They also did an internal scan which confirmed healthy ovaries and follicles, so its not just about the FSH levels, although they are important.

Not sure if that helps, but feel free to join us at anytime.

Natalie x x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Would be worthwhile getting FSH checked on day 2 and go ahead when level is low as it can affect how you respond to the stims.

Ruth

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:)
Natalie - thanks for advice.

Ruth - Thank you also. yes I think I will have my FSH checked on day 2 in Dec. Do you think if it is lower than 10, say 9.1 or something that will be okay? but if its over 10, I could wait til the next month to see if its lower.
Last month was 10.8, the  month before that 9.1, month before that, 8.9, and previous to that 9.8 and 13.3... Its difficult to know what level it should be for me to go ahead. the clinic are going to put me on the highest dose of drugs.
thanks
alimar

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ruth
also have you heard of tablets being used for down reg as well as a spray or injections?
thanks
alimar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts