Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, This is first time for me on this site so thought I would introduce myself.  I am 36 and DH 34, have 2 step children who live with their Mum and visit mid-week and every weekend. Me and DH been together for 3 years and ttc for 2.  Went to GP after 9 months ttc cos worried about my age and time running out etc.  Went to see consultant privately about 1 month later.  Had lots of blood tests and SA done then lap, dye hysteroscopy in June - HSG in July - confirmed i have blocked tubes - (i notice some of you have more explanation than that).  Lucky in that local PCT have fast track for over 35s so had my first appt at St James's Leeds last month.  More blood tests and  a pelvic scan then follow-up on 16/12 - hopefully starting IVF in March.
On reading some of the posts I realise that I have been quite lucky in that my time from first visit to GP to starting ivf will only be around 15 months which is much quicker than a lot of you.  We did consider going private but the consultant steered us in the get 3 free goes direction as that route would be 6 months and private 3 months.  It will be more like 8 months and probably have gone private if given those timescales in July.
Time feels like its standing still some days - love the step kids but long for a baby of my own. 

Dee x

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Deirdre, just wanted to say welcome. This is a fantastic sight, i myself have only been on it about 2 weeks but the stories , information and support is fantastic. I am due to start  my first IVF on 1st Jan after many years of ttc so am hoping its a good omen for the start of the year ^reiki^

Best of luck with everything :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Deirdre,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to FF. I have blocked tubes too, i know it is a horrible thing to be told, but wanted you to know that ivf does have a good success rate with blocked tubes, so wishing you lots of luck.

If you ever fancy a natter, the chatroom becomes quite busy during the evenings.

L xx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hiya everyone

Found this site when i was browsing for information on my misscarriage i had 3wks ago at 5wks pg, in have found it my saving grace at the mo.

we were trying for a baby for 10mths with no success so i was prescibed clomid but never needed to take novembers as we fell naturally and felt very blessed but unfortunately wasnt ment to be and i lost it, i am struggling to come to terms with it and still live day by day thinking how many weeks i would be etc.

i am now eagerly waiting for my period so i can start clomid but have no idea when i could be due and i hope clomid will work for us.  if anyone does have a good news about clomid it would be appreciated.

my thoughts and best wishes to everyone
love leigh x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Deidre & Leigh,

A warm welcome to you both to FF!

Dierdre - While you are waiting for tx, why not join the Chitter Chatters thread on the In Between Treatment board?

Leigh - We have just had 3 bfp's with girls on Clomid.  You are more than welcome to join the Clomid Girls thread on the Clomid board.

Laine x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
This is my first time - though I have been viewing the website for a few weeks now, thought I'd join today as I have just taken my first clomid.
A little about myself, I'm 42, well 43 tomorrow and my DH is 39, we both have DD from our first marriages now 15 & 16. TTC 3 years. Me & DH have been together for 12 years & married for the past 3 and a half months.  :)

Having difficulty identifying abbreviations so hope I am getting them right.

Bye for now

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts