Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

we have been ttc for 20 cycles since May2003 and have just been told by nhs that dh has low SA and ICSI is our only way forward. I am in a bit of shock at this and feel a bit of a loss as to how to go forward.

We cant get treatment on the nhs as the useless PCT we're in wont pay, too busy paying for hip replacements I guess. So have to go private which is very scary just thinking of the cost. 4 grand per cycle.

Hoping to get to know you all,

sal

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi sal
sorry to hear about your DH SA it is scary starting any kind of ft you can speak to your GP about cutting down the cost like having drugs on perscripton and doing your blood tests saving nearly a grand its worth a try         
                    good luck
                              Aggy  :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
You will probably find that the clinic you choose will run an egg donation scheme, which could help you with the cost.  It means that you only pay for the drugs, not the treatment itself (thereby saving you at least £1,500, possibly more).

In the beginning, it was something that I wouldn't even consider, basically because the thought of someone else having a baby with my egg (a mini-me in other words) was impossible for me to think of if I ended up not having a baby of my own.  But, once our money starts to run out, it is something that I will think about doing.

Also, it was only as I was going through the actual treatment that I realised (with the help of FF) that some women out there don't produce eggs at all, and for them it's the only way of having a baby.

It's something you may want to think about anyway, to make it all more affordable for you, so bare it in mind when choosing a clinic.

Good luck,

Kittikat
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts