Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to this site and i am currently waiting to see the consultant at CARE in Nottingham on the 8th of March....We have been ttc for nearly five years now.
I'm 27 and my partner is 27 also.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info of what I'm likely to expect at the consultation?
I have had some bloods taken already and DH has given 2 sperm samples, so not really sure what will happen next ???

love Kelly x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Kelly

I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to ff :)

My appointments were a little different as I already knew my dx and what tx I would be offered so i'm afraid i am not sure what will happen next.  I am sure that someone will have some answers for you shortly.

All the best for your future treatments (tx)

Jennifer xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to wish you good luck for the 8th - I also have an appointment that day so I will be thinking of you!!! 

I think appointments may vary between hospitals, but often the initial consultation is just to discuss the blood tests and semen analysis you have had done so far, and depending on the results talk about which treatment might be relevant to you.  They may set up appointments for further tests or for a "monitored cycle" which will involve different blood tests etc on specific days of your menstrual cycle.

You are likely to get given a lot of information which can be a bit overwhelming, but dont worry - just come on here and I'm sure some of the girls can help you out with whatever questions or doubts you might have.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!  Let us know how you get on.
Love Olwen xxx

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Kelly
I am sure that your consultant will put you at ease as soon as you go in, they will probably just discuss the outcome of any results, and advise you on what route to go down, and tell you how everything will work, as a word of pre-warning they may do a scan on you, my Dr's always spring one on me when I am least expecting it and it always throws me (don't know why I should be used to them by now  :-[ )
anyway just wanted to say Hello and welcome to FF
good luck
Dydie xx

·
Registered
426 Posts
i am attending care at present,just to let you know it is such a lovely hospital :),when me and my hubby had our consultation it was just to disscuss what ivf involved it lasted approx 45 mins and he also had a sperm test done and you get the results there my consultant is such a nice man and the help and advice they offer you is great after consultation we both had to have blood tests done for hiv,hep b and c and i had to have blood test for rubella immun, hope this is some comfort for you let me know its nice to speak to someone who is attending same hospital xxxx good luck lisa

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi kelly :) just wandering who your consultant is

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Some Nottingham girls having a meet up 1pm 5th March at La Tasca, see http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,17948.50.html
We have never met each other before, I'm at LRI but I think claire and Claire are at CARE, you'd be very welcome to come along. We are going to wear orange ribbons so we all know who we are!!!
Lots a love
LIZIBEE

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Kelly

As others have said the doc will probably just discuss the results.  We had an appointment yesterday which i thought was just to talk about the latest sperm test but i ended up getting a scan to check what was going on in my insides.  It was not traumatic atall and the nurse that did the scan was lovely.  One piece of advice is to write down any questions that you might have because things have a tendancy of going out of your head when you get there and it is also good to be able to take notes.  If there is anything that you dont understand you can ask it on here later
Good luck when the day comes and try to stay relaxed

cloudy  XXX

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Kelly

I cant help with your question about what to expect at care at nottingham

Just wanted to say Welcome to fertility friends

and to wish you lots of luck with your appt on 8th March

Let us know how u get on

Best wishes

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Emilyxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Lisa..
Thanks for the advice about CARE, I'm not too sure who my consultant is as yet...i just had the letter with the appointment date on.
I will come on here again when i have been...give you all the goss !

love Kelly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hiya,
your Dr will discuss the results of your blood tests and hubby's sperm results first.  He may then decide 2 do more indepth investigations on u such as ultrasound scan of your ovaries and again depending upon the results u may go on 2 have a laparoscopy with dye test 2 make sure that there are no problem with ur reproductive bits.  We have been at that stage and hubby was fine but it was me who was the problem. 

Do not give up hope and be determined in what you want done. And know that u r not alone.  Good luck 2 both of u

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Sallie,
Thanks for the advice on this...i must admit I'm a bit nervous about it. :eek:
but keep thinking about what the outcome may be  :)

I seen at the bottom of your post that your DH is your childhood sweetheart....mine too.
We will have been together 12 years on the 24th of this month ^pompom^

my thoughts are with everybody who is going through this...and these sites are FANTASTIC and help you get a lot off your mind etc.

love Kelly x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to say hello from one newbie to another. I'm also about to go for 1st apt.

Good luck on the 8th - will be thinking of you! ^spin^

Kat x

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Kat

Welcome newbie ;)
when do you go for your appointment??
Now i have a bit of an idea what to expect I'm wishing the days away so i can get started on this bumpy adventure!!

love Kelly

·
Registered
35 Posts
Know what you mean - patience never been a strong point for me! Mine is on 15th (hopefully - had 2 cancelled already :mad:  although feeling good vibes about this one!)

Kat x

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi kelly, just wandered how your treatment was going it would be nice to hear from you  ;D

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi kelly,

that is who i first went to see he was such a lovely consultant,unfortuntley my treatment had to be cancelled due to poor response,never mind i am going back to park tommorow to see another consultant to review what they can do for us on our next cycle which hopefully i will respond better to
i cant see dr vindla because he only works one day a week and spends the rest of his time at kings mill mansfield good luck with your appt keep in touch lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks girls!!!! :)

well today is the day  ^banana^. I'm still quite nervous...i keep getting butterflies when i think of it.
Lisa...are you at care today ? ill be there at 4.00.

love Kelly xx ^fairydust^

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.