Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies..

I am Martine, 25, and recently diagnosed with PCOS. I have been married to Mark since November 04. We have been together for 3 years, and have been TTC since November 03.

Had a Lap&Dye beginning of April this year which showed nice clear tubes - Wahoo!

Have my next appointment tomorrow (16/05/05) with my consultant. The plan is to start me on Clomid.

I am currently on day 5 of an unknown length cycle (my first proper one in well over a year!) Am hoping that this will not affect my appointment tomorrow. It seems as if we have been waiting an eternity to get this far, and I am dreading hearing my consultant say "lets wait and see what happens next month"

Just thought I'd introduce myself...

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi Martine ,

Welcome to fertility friends !! ..Just wanted to widh you good luck at your appointment and good luck on Clomid!!..Come and join us on the clomid girls thread and post there

Everyone is really nice , just ask if you need any help or advice ....

Wishing you lots of fairydust

Lots of love Ju x x

^fairydust^  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi Marty

first of all welcome to ff you will find all the help and support you need hear we are a lovely bunch of girls also good luck with your appointment and wishing you all the best on clomid and like ju said come join us on the clomid girls thread
                        love baby wisper

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Marty - welcome to ff - nice to have someone new on our board .  If you need any info or advice on clomid you will be able to get it on these boards.
lots of luck to you

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi marty,

welcome!  these girls keep you sane on these mad pills!  any time you need to rant - we understand!

alicatty

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Hello MartyLou  ^wave^ & welcome to the site.
The girls are fab & offer lots of support & advice. As we are all going through the same we really do understand each other  :)
Wishing you lots of luck on your journey.
Erica.x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Martine  ^wave^ WELCOME to FF  :)

Let us know how you app go hun?  ^goodluck^

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...

Well - I have been prescribed Clomid. 2 months worth at 50mg, with CD21 blood tests to monitor. The plan is to see if I respond to 50mg first and then go from there.

However - Actually getting the Clomid in my hands has proved to be a nightmare so far. My Consultant wrote a letter for me to take to my GP, which I did, to get my prescription from him. My GP however is under the impression that in the North West, Clomid may only be prescribed by a Consultant at a Hospital. So at the moment, my prescription is sitting on my GP's desk, waiting for him to call the hospital and check that he is actually allowed to prescribe it to me. He said that at a meeting he was at 3 weeks ago, it was made clear that it should only be prescribed by the Consultant. Hopefully it will be resolved in the next few days. The only thing is, if it turns out that it does have to come from the hospital, we have to go all the way back up to Manchester to get it. If my GP can do it he says he will post the prescription to me. Aaargh!!!

Also had a problem at my actual appointment. First of all I saw my Consultants registrar, who was happy enough to give me Clomid alone, and wait for a period to arrive. I am currently on CD6.. My first actual proper cycle in well over a year. I explained all this to her, yet she was still wanting me to wait for my next "natural" cycle. After I explained that I was not willing to do that (after all, I've waited over 12 months for this one!!!) she called in my Consultant, who has also prescribed me Provera in case this visit from AF is just a one off.

So although we have finally been given Clomid, It's been a bloody nightmare so far!!!!

Looking like I will actually start my Clomid RollerCoaster in June. Perfect timing as we are off to Turkey on Monday for a week, (booked by DH whilst he was out in Iraq as a surprise.. ahh!) So I can relax a bit and chill out before D-Day!

Martine xx

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi, welcome to FF, im quite new too.  I was diagnoised with PCOS in 2000, had been trying to conceive with partner since 1997, m/c in 1999, BFP in 2002 after six months of 50mg clomid.  We are now trying again to conceive but clomid hasnt so far been working.  Im now taking 150mg, hopefully this month I will ovulate.  I know exactly what your going through it took me years to get the ball rolling I kept getting told "your young, you have plenty of time ahead", "come back in six months" etc etc.  I got so fed up with my consultant that I asked to be referred to another hospital, got started on clomid, six months later BFP.

Your definitely not alone, if you wanna talk about it your more than welcome, hope I can help in someway.  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ thoughts and hopefully a  ^BFP^ will soon come for both of us.

Joanne

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Joanne..

Thank you for your message.

I am trying not to build my hopes up too much, but can't help feel excited. Everything seems so much more real now. I'm so glad I found this place, as most of our family and friends know what we are going through, but few understand and are assuming Clomid is a wonder drug and that we will have news for them in a few weeks.. If only huh?

It's so nice to hear of people who have had Clomid success.

It has been hard getting the ball rolling. For as long as I can remember I have had AF troubles. Everytime I saw a doctor I was told it was my hormones "establishing" themselves!

We finally saw a lovely doctor last year who referred me for all the relevant tests, although it was difficult getting them all on the right days because of my wayward cycle. I think he was so quick to refer us because of my husbands age... Ahh I'm making him sound like a right oldie, but he's only 36. (I am 25)

I had my lap and dye last month, and was very lucky in that I only waited 4 weeks for the appointment.

I've been forwarned of the side effects, especially the mood swings. Are they as bad as everyone say's?

Good luck for this cycle.. Sending you lots of positve thoughts.

Love and dust

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi MartyLou

Try to stay positive, just gently let your relatives know that you will let them know any info as and when you get it so they dont pester you.  Its hard for them to understand that although you are taking tablets you still have to work with your monthly cycle.

My hubby is 34 and im 25 so I know how that feels too!  I didnt have to wait too long to have a dye test as we have to pay privately because we already have one child.

Clomide doesnt effect my moods at all, the only side effect I get is sometime I suffer from headaches but i wouldnt put this solely down to clomid.

Hope this info helps, if you have anymore questions just let me know and I will do my best to help.

Joanne

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Joanne..

It's fab that it doesn't affect your moods. I have read some total horror stories about clomid and moods, Although hubby says with me he doubts he'll notice the difference.. funny funny...

How many cycles did it take to work with you son? I think I've read it's more successfull cycles 3 - 6, although like I said, I don't want to get my hopes up... but still want to stay positive. It's a hard balance to find.

Feel free to add me to MSN if you like, all my details are on my profile.

Sending you lots of positive vibes for this cycle

Love and Dust

Martine xx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Hi MartyLou

I don't get mood swings either, the only change is that I was more emotional for the first month. Since I started acupuncture that has def improved & now DH has no idea when  ^witch^ is due cos i don't get cranky!!!

One bit of advice is to take the clomid at night, I've found that way you sleep through the worst side effects ;D

If this & my next cycle don't work I'm hoping to move onto IUI but I wish you lots of luck & babydust! ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Martine

Good luck with the clomid  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Each person is different with mood swings and side effects, the best thing to do is not to dwell or worry about them too much and you might be lucky and not get any.  I have found my s/e have increased with each month and this month (month 3) been very tearful. 

Have a lovely relaxing holiday xxx

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone..

Prescription arrived in the post today.. It's so weird seeing it there in black and white.. I feel nervous, excited and very aprehensive.

Looking forward to hols on Monday.. I can try and forget about it all for a week and relax... Although when we come back, we'll be on our first 2WW in over 12 months (AF doesn't visit me very often).. And it will also be our last natural 2WW before Clomid...

It all seems so real now  :)

Professor Waffle - I have seriously considered Acu or Reflexology... Although I don't like needles too much so will probably go for Reflexology lol (PS: Do I "know" you from another site?!?!)

Flowerpot - My gosh, if it makes me more emotional than I already am, I don't know how I'll cope!

Anyhow, I am going to try and not worry about it all now until I need to.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice

Love and Dust to you all

Martine xx

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi MartyLou,

On my first six months cycle of clomid I was taking 50mg for six months with no luck but on my first month off the clomid I caught for my son!  Im on day 14 of my second month this time, Im taking 150mg because I didnt ovulate on 50mg or 100mg, hopefully I will get lucky this month.  Fingers crossed.

Hope you have a nice relaxing holiday, get plenty of rest before you start your treatment.

Joanne

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Everyone..

Sorry I haven't posted for a while.. Went on Holiday, started a new job... Been busy busy busy...

Well I'm on my last day of Provera today, So hopefull AF will be here within the next week or so, then my Clomid journey finally begins!!!

Hope everyone is well

xx

·
Registered
678 Posts
HI - I am also new to this website and wanted to say hi - after reading many of the pages on the message boards I am feeling less & less on my own.  I was on Clomid for 9 months altogether after 2½ years ttc - DH sperm count/mobility was spot on and my tubes are clear.  slight endometriosis but nothing they said that would cause a problem. I was told on Friday that they want to put me on the IVF waiting list (3 year waiting list). I think we will have to pay 1st for scans etc and then maybe IUI then see where we are on the list??????

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Rachel..

Will you be entitled to funding for your IVF/IUI?

My DH's SA was fine too, I have PCOS and mild endo (Although the endo shouldn't cause a problem)

I'm sorry you have 'unexplained' infertility, but I send you lots of luck and dust.

Martine xx xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there
Just wanted to say "hello" & welcome to Clomid !
I'm currently in 2ww of 1st cycle of Clomid.
I ovulate fine naturally & boyfriend's results all above average but taking Clomid to "boost" things...had 2 big follies this month so fingers crossed. ^2ww^

Everyone is different on Clomid - 1st day I felt pretty "vacant" & very sleepy, 2nd day was awful mood swings - one minute  ^tantrum^ , next minute  :'( so sent me a little  ^confused^ ...other than those few days I was fine.

I was diagnosed with severe endo (17 years ago !!) & although hopefully your endo will not be a problem, it really depends on where your endo is....unfortunately mine was all over my ovaries & blocked my tubes - thankfully all ok now but tubes remain damaged....if your tubes & ovaries are ok then shouldn't cause any probs.

Anyway, I wish you loads of luck &  ^fairydust^
Take care
Natasha

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.