Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first posting here.  I'm 36 and I've been ttc for 16 month to no avail.  I have regular 28 day cycles.  In Jan I was diagnosed through an ultrasound scan as having small follicles on my left ovary and was given Metformin to take.  All my bloods were normal and my dp sa was fine too.  In June I had another ultrasound scan and was told rather abruptly that I had cysts on both ovaries - ie polycystic ovaries.  My consultant has now put me on 50mg Clomid.  He now thinks I have unexplained infertility especially as I ov every month. 

I've been told to try Clomid for 6 months and after that it's down the IVF route.  I was quite shocked when he mentioned IVF as I really didn't think it would come to that.  (How naive perhaps!)  Anyway to cut a long story short I'm on my first round of Clomid cd 24. 

Sorry to have waffled on but was having a bit of a bad moment this morning wondering what the hell is going on, I feel so confused.  For months I was lead to believe is was PCOS and now it seems to be unexplained.  The cons was not overly optimistic about Clomid as I ov on my own anyway.  Is there anyone out there in a similar situation to me?  Has Clomid helped anyone else who ov on their own to become pregnant?

Again sorry for the doom and gloom.  I've been quite positive with a few negative moments in between, but every now and again that negativity rears its head.

Thanks for listening

Debbi 

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Debbi

I just wanted to say Welcome to FF and Good Luck with the clomid.

I have never taken clomid myself as I went through the menopause at 21 so I can't help with your questions. 

There are lots of girls on this site on clomid and lots of success stories - good luck :)

Jennifer xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Debbi ~ welcome to FF :)

Can't help you with you question i'm afraid but i'll leave a link to the Clomid girls......i'm sure someone will be able to help you there. Sorry you are feeling so bad too, it's fine to have those moments....it's an awful thing we have to go through and no wonder you feel down. Thats what we're here for hun.....you'll find lots of support on here.

Heres the link: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=34.0

Take care and loads of luck to you,

Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Debbi, first of all a big welcome to fertility friends!! U'll find all the advice and support that u need here.
I too was on Clomid (6mths) but i wasn't ovulating on my own. I have PCOS and that was the first treatment that was recommended (all unsuccessful). I have now been having Ovulation Induction injections 4 the past 18mnths with no success and am waiting for an appointment 2 discuss IVF. I too never thot it wud come to that. I have heard of success stories with Clomid so it is worth givin it a try. One thing u'll learn wif the NHS tho is that u have 2 be really pushy about ur needs and wot tx u want 2 try, otherwise u'll b left sitting on the conveyor belt!! Good luck wif the clomid, sorry i can't b of more help, but i'm sure there is someone on here who can offer u more advice. I wish u all the luck in the world!!
Love Zebra x

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
HI and welcome to FF -why dont you come and introduce yourself on the clomid forum - you will get lots of advice and support there
wishing you lots of luck in your journey  ^reiki^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.