Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if I could join you?  Was diagnosed with have follicle on my ovary in Jan and have been taking metformin since then.  :( Been ttc for 16 month and I've never had any problem ov.  Saw another cons and she thinks that as I ov every month it may be unexplained and told me that I just have cysts on my ovaries but not the syndrome.  So I'm a bit in limbo land at the mo, I don't know if the pco or the unexplained that's stopping me getting pg.    ??? Have done 1 round of Clomid and will be starting 2nd round today.  I was given Clomid "just to give it a try" but I'm wondering as I ov every month is it going to do anything.  Is there anyone else in the same situation as me? 

debbi

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum....I can't really help with your questions as my circumstances are a bit different to yours - I've been prescribed Clomid (starting from next AF which is due next week) as I don't OV every month.

I just wanted to wish you luck - I've heard that even if you OV normally that Clomid can give you bigger and better follicles thereby boosting your chances.

:)

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hiya and welcome to FF  :)

I'm one of those girls given clomid as I wasn't ovulating but there are plenty of girls on here who do ov but are given it as a "boost".  Here's hoping it works for you.  good luck  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi :)

I ovulate naturally every month too...never had a problem either & actually have high progesterone level which our consultant said can indicate that I may naturally release more than one egg a month sometimes....I'm on my 3rd cycle of Clomid to "boost" things...basically more eggs, more chance....I've had 2 mature follies so released 2 eggs each cycle of Clomid...

When you say you were diagnosed with one follicle on your ovary I'm a little confused...sorry :-\ It can get confusing cos a follicle is actually a cyst but its a "good" cyst (for want of a better word) as it is a follicle that matures & then releases an egg from it...
Do you mean you have cysts on your ovaries which could possibly mean you have PCOS ? PCOS is where the ovaries have lots of cysts on them but none of them mature properly. Some women may have lots of cysts naturally but only one of them matures fully each month...this is more likely to be PCO.
I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries about 17 years ago but I don't actually have PCOS.

I hope I've not confused things even more....not sure if I've explained anything clearly or not ??? ^idiot^

Are you being monitored on the Clomid eg scans to see how many follies maturing & about to release eggs or having C21 progesterone blood tests to confirm ovulation ???

Anyway, I wish you lots of luck...the ladies here are great ^afro^ :)
Take care
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hi,
I ov natrally aswell and am on my 2nd cycle of Clomid and having 2nd cycle of IUI today at 2 30pm.
I have been told i have PCOS but have none of the symtoms, not over weight, No excess hair have regular cycles just lots of pain in ovaries.
They have given me Clomid and IUI because I havnt got pregnant on my own, apart from 2 years ago but i m/c.
Good luck, give it ago!!!
God Bless
Natalie
x

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for all your words of encouragement and especially the bits about being given Clomid as a booster.  It's left me feeling a lot more positive.  I didn't really explain my situation properly as I afraid of going on a bit.  Was told by my cons that in Jan 05 that I had several follicles on my left ovary (after having had an ultrasound scan).  he said it was a bit like PCO but didn't really confirm that I had PCO.  Was then given Metformin.  Had another ultrasound scan ib May to check whether follicles were still there and was told that I had cysts on both sides, left and right.  This depressed me a bit as thought they were only on left side.  Saw another cons for a 2nd opinion and she said women can have cysts on ovaries at any time, they can come and go but don't necessarily have PCO.  She thought my situation was unexplained and gave me Clomid 50mg, told me to try it for 6 month and then it's IVF. :eek:

I'm not being monitored at the moment, I was told to use OPK.  My hopsital is pretty useless about releasing blood test results, they tell me I can onlt get them from my cons - the one who see once every 4 months!  ???  also asked my docs if they could do 21 day bloods and they told me it can only be done at the hosp.  I'm due to see my consultant in 2 weeks so I'm going to try and see about getting monitored and getting results for 21 day bloods etc. 

Thanks once again for being able to share this my non ttc friends although sweet as anything, have absolutely no idea what I'm going through. :)

Cheers

debbi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.