Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have had a successful DE IVF last year resulting in a beautiful DD, and I'm now looking to start the process all over again for a sibling. I suffer from immune problems -  ATAs, Inherited thrombilias, NK Cells.

Looking forward to geting to know you all!

Baggy
x

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
^hello^ Baggy!

Welcome to FF!

Did you have immune tests and did the consultants tailor your successful IVF cycle with your immune problems in mind? I have been reading a bit about immune problems recently and I find it very interesting, but also saddened that it's not widely recognised as being a problem by many consultants.

Will you be using frozen embies for this cycle or are you starting again with a fresh cycle?

All the best,

Elle x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Baggy ,

I have just joined and your's is the first thread i came across. DH and i were considering Immune testing after 4 failed IVF's and just today we decided against it. There are so many contradictory views and has my head is in a spin. I heard that its about £10k a cycle for treatment , i could put that money towards schooling for adopted kids.

Could you please share your experiences as i am still not sure about our decision, Immune testing seems to be our last and only chance. Would love to hear some success stories to get me motivated again. Have felt quite down for a while now.

Cheers

BM

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Baggy

^congrats^ on your DE Sucess and your DD ^fingerscroosed your next treatment brings a sibling.
I am sure your experiences will help many ladies here on FF and hopefully many others can help you as you take the plunge again
I would like to encourage you to post to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each
While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will find a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.
For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

Hoping for another miracle -
CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology
CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs ~
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for your home town & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hi Baggy and welcome to FF, you've found an amazing site  ::)

^congrats^ on your succesful IVF cycle and lots of  ^pray^ ^reiki^ that you can have another succesful one. 

Take care
^hugme^ and x x x

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Forgot to say before Baby mamma you should post a new topic on the intro board for others to reply to you ;)

~Dizzi~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. You've made me feel very welcome!

My full story is that I suffered from loads of early miscarriages. Usual story - keep trying, but after 10 years TTC and no baby. I was really down and getting a more than a bit depressed. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I thought that my thyroid problems maybe a sign of something else, as my ATA levels were always really, really high around 5000 last time, iirc. The doctors weren't that helpful, nor did they think it was linked to my problems.

I self refered myself to Dr Beer's clinic after hearing about him on a us website. I had the full testing done and he diagnosed me with category 2 and 5 immune problems. I took Humira, Steriods (prednislone) and heparin (for the Leiden 5 factor) for my treatment. I decided against IVIG, I was a bit nervous of that and I figured if this Tx didn't work, I would add that at a later date. The immune testing did cost a bit, around 1,500, and the drugs were expensive, but turns out it was well worth it.
I took the plan that Dr Beer had given me to my clinic and they were happy for me to use the drugs and I sent bloods back to Dr B just before and just after my treatment for monitoring. It was a bit of hassle communicating and organsing everything...but well worth it in the end  :)

Immune testing is such a mind field, and I've met plenty doctors who won't even give it lip service...I've changed doctors a lot!

Baby Mama - I know how frustrating it is not knowing why treatment doesn't work. Maybe you could get some basic immune testing done and take it from there? 

Elle - It's another fresh cycle this time. Unfortunately our frosties didn't make it  :'(

Dizzi - Thanks for all those links, I'll go check them out.

Baggy
x

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Baggpuss ~ Congratulations on your DD ^chilli^ I will keep my eyes open for your next BFP hon  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts