Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined the website on a friends recommendation.  Have had 3 unsuccessful hard years, and have 'unexplained infertility'! just finished 8 months of clomid with no success but suffered side effects including long cycles, also had to take HRT due to clomid!!  My next appointment is this month when we will be referred for IVF on NHS!  Struggling with the whole situation and find it very hard to talk to my husband about it!  I have managed to make a friend who had ICSI over a year ago who has gorgeous twins, it is nice to have someone to talk to who can relate to how I feel!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good luck with your next appointment.

It is a very hard situation which is difficult to deal with, an emotional rollercoaster seems like such an understatement!  I like you am also new to this site and hope it helps as there are so many of us in the same boat.

Sorry i cant offer you any advice

Take care
x

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Chelle

Very new myself to FF and already its been fantastic support. I think its very difficult to talk to anyone whose not been through similar experiences and thats why FF is so great.  I wish you all the luck in the world and let's  ^pray^ for lots of BFPs for us all in 2011.
Do do x

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Chelle!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I didn't have anyone to talk to and felt very alone when we first realised we had to have assistance. But thanks to FF I now have thousands of people to talk to about it! ;) When I finally "came out" to work (I had to, needed time off to have treatment) 3 of my workmates also said that they had treatment in the past, so really you aren't alone, it just isn't talked about. There are many more people going through the same situation. I am glad your friend had successful treatment and you are able to talk to her about it.

I have been marked down as unexplained as well. I have had quite a few interesting discussions with my husband about it. I think there must be something wrong or we would have conceived, wouldn't we? He thinks that sometimes things don't have a reason, they just are (which infuriates me!) We have just agreed to disagree now! Here is the link to the unexplained section of the forum - ~CLICK HERE

Here are a couple of other links that I think might help you.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will be able to provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank u all for your kind words, it is very reassurring! Let's keep everything crossed for a successful 2011!! X

1 - 5 of 5 Posts