Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,  after years of mis diagnosis i was eventually diagnoses with severe endo, by which time it was to late my tubes are closed together, my bowel is badly damaged & i have a large painful cycst which keeps coming back after being removed & drained.

i need ivf if i want any chance of a family. i am on the waitng list for edinburgh, but i could not wait the 2 years so i scrimped & saved for self funded treatment 3 times so far at dundee. i was advised to try dundee for my best chances but to be honest i dont think it really matters where you are treated more how you react to the treatment.

i have just started my period after my third treatment cycle but i am determind i will have my family before i need my definative operation (hystrectomy).

my only concern is that i have just had a phone call from edinburgh to say they have brought my treatment forward a couple of months & want to start it with my october period, i dont know if they will still let me have nhs treatment after 3  self funded cycles & also if it is to soon after my last cycle.

i would like to think that i could still have nhs funded treatment as if i was diagnised sooner i  may not have needed the treatment at all.

if havebody has any help or advise on this i would be greatful to heard it.

here's hoping & staying positive

ozzie ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Ozzie, sorry i can't offer u any advice, but i just wanted to welcome u to FF. I'm sure someone will b able to answer ur questions! U will find plenty of support, advice and encouragement on here so u have came to the right place. I'm sorry to hear that none of ur IVF treatments have worked so far and i wish u all the luck in world with any future treatments that u may have.
Good Luck and Take Care
Love Zebra x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya ozzy

Welcome to Fertility friends!!

As Zebra has said u will be sure to find lots of advice support and reassurance on the site

I am sorry to read that u have had 3 cycles with BFN ^hugme^

I cant answer the question re the funded cycle because all pct's who are giving the free cycles all have their own criteria

Best thing would be to contact ur local pct

I myself like u am holding off the inevitable op (hysterectomy) due to endo also

A few threads u may find helpful....

the endo thread
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Endo chit chat where the endo girls get together to chat endo and just about everything!!

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34582.0.html

Meeting places

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29154.0.html

Wishing u lots of luck for getting ur dream

Best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hello Ozzie

Welcome to FF :)  Sorry to hear about your failed cycles :(  I wish you lots of luck for your next go :)

Jennifer xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Ozzie

Just wanted to say welcome to FF and good luck with your upcoming tx.

I know a couple of people on this site who are having an NHS funded cycle after several privately funded ones.  They paid for cycles while on the waiting list - don't see why it would jeopardise a free cycle, if you have met the PCT's criteria, you are entitled to a free go on the NHS.

In terms of timing, most clinics want you to wait 2 full periods between tx cycles so if you are having one now you should be OK.

By the way if it isn't OK, you should be able to push back your funded cycle.  I'm sure they think they're doing you a favour bringing it forward as most people are desperate to start, but they must be able to be a bit flexible as when you're dealing with a tx that is ultimately linked to women's menstrual cycles you can't exactly plan everything in detail! 

good luck,
Claire x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.