Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im  33 and have been trying to concieve for 12 years (since I got married), I have a fourteen year old son to a previous relationship.

DH was diagnosed with damaged tubes (which transports the sperm about 4 years) this was obviously a big blow to our chances to concieve.  However investigations found that he did have sperm, lots of it but it wasn't getting through.  we started icsi in 2003 but unfortunately they had to freeze all our embryos because i overstimulated and produced 36 eggs.  we then went on to have 2 fet both BFN.  just started down regging for new fresh cycle on a lesser dose of drugs and hope that things are different this time, as I want this more than anythiing in fact it has taken over my life and my dh.

ironically my sil is due a baby any day which was concieved through icsi also, her husbabd my dh brother has the same fertility problem (strange or what!). when i found out it had worked for them i was pleased but sad at the same time because now i think we cant have two lots of good luck in the same family and i dont know how i am going to cope when we go and visit but will have to put a brave face on it all.  The hard thing is that this time round we decided not to tell anyone we were having tx because its too painful telling everyone when it hasnt worked.

I am so grateful for this website because it makes u realise u r not the only one and i have been blessed with one child, who I love dearly.

Anyway just wanted to get it all of my chest I wish everyone the bestest of luck with there treatment.

Dawn xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Dawn

welcome to FF and good luck with your next tx

I do know what you mean about luck - I thought that after I had a m/c it would be too lucky for it to happen again and it did.  I am now a firm believer in there being plenty of luck to go around.  As for visiting you will cope and it will be hard but it won;t be as bad as you think.  My sister had a baby last year at pretty much my lowest point and I adore him - I actually think he was one of the things that got me through.

Clare

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hello Dawn,
Just want to welcome you to the site and wish you luck for your
next round of treatment.
Hope 2005 is your year.
Hugs Charley xx :) :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Dawn

Welcome to FF!  Pleased to read that you find the site helpful.

Wishing you success with your tx.

If you need any help finding your way around the site, please ask.

Laine x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Dawn

Welcome to Fertility friends

Wishing u lots of luck with ur next treatment ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Best wishes

Emilyxx

·
Registered
193 Posts
I understand how difficult it is to visit siblings with their newborns. When we first found out that we wouldn't be able to conceive a second child naturally (after 8 years of trying), all three of my husband's siblings and my sister were either pregnant with or had just had their second or third child, and they were all girls (I have a 12 year-old son, whom I love dearly, but had always hoped to have a girl someday).

I decided not to visit whilst the mothers were still in hospital, but wait until they had gone home (a whole ward full of new mums was just going to be too much). To be honest I still find it difficult to visit - I enjoy it (the chance to have cuddle etc.) but always end up in tears when I get home. But it has got easier now they are getting a bit older (I think because there is not so much fuss going on by other family members).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful words and kindness.

I am definitely going to keep logging on to this website and hopefully be able to support others going through tx also.

lots of hugs and kisses

Dawn33  :) :) :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts