Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my DD is 7 months old, has been on C&G Comfort 1 formula and has been since around 4 weeks old (tried her on SMA Gold but didn't seem to take to it).

Do I have to change her onto the follow on milk? Shall I take her off of Comfort milk and get the normal C&G type? I'm really confused!!

x

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Your DD needs the normal infant formula until she is a year old, you can move her onto follow on, if you feel the need when she is a year old.  Alex was eating a balanced, healthy diet by then so we just moved him onto cows milk.

HTH

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
is it the follow on milk from 6 months?? I know Aptimil do one so guess cow and gate do too is that what comfort 2 is??  I think the formula from 6 months has more of some nutrients that their own store from birth is lowering off but if they are having a balanced diet and taking the milk offered I'd be tempted to stay on what you on till 12 months when can go to cows milk to drink.
We put Isabel on to follow on as she wasn't great at drinking milk so thought get the nutriernts in

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Sorry this could be my pg brain striking again  :-\

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sorry I mean the stage 2 for 6 months plus. Reckon you're right to stick to what she's on until a year then change to cows milk.

^hugme^ thank you.

x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
In J's red book (they've since been revamped) it says there is no proven benefit to follow on milk, and when I asked my HV about it she said if he was having a balanced diet and happy on the milk he was on then stick with it. Therefore both J and M stayed on the stage one stuff until they were a year old when they changed over to cows milk.

Chux xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts