Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies...just looking for some answers...
I am currently stimming and have been for my 2nd scan at day 9 and I'm barely responding. This is an NHS cycle but at a Private Clinic so my consultant is waiting to speak to the clinic manager to find out if I will qualify for another cycle as I didn't get to EC....or if that's it for me? Just wondered if anyone had experience/knowledge of this. We appealed for funding and it took us 3 years to get it xx

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hello nvb, where in the country do you live?

My PCT falls under the East Midlands Comission and their policy states that we are able to have one abandoned cycle (stopped before EC) and one complete cycle. This is covered in section 3 of document P006V2 at the link below.

http://www.emscg.nhs.uk/_PoliciesandPublications-Policies-ApprovedPolicies.aspx

I assume other areas also make their policies available like this though they might take a bit of googling!

Don't give up on your current cycle yet, though. There is still time for thise follies to grow. ^reiki^

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya..thanks for the info.
We had the choice to cancel and just pay for the drugs and have another cycle...or just go to EC and we have chosen to do that. I have to accept that my ovaries are past it and so i wouldn't waste my time trying another cycle with my OE. We will move back to DE now xx

·
Registered
314 Posts
That must be difficult decision, but if you think it will give you the best chance of getting a baby of your own to hold in your arms, then it will be worth it.

I wish you all the luck in the world.  ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts