Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have just started ivf at uchl and when I rang up when I started my period to arrange my scan I was rung back by the nurse 10 minutes later to be told I can't have my scan and I need to stop the treatment and see the consultant on Tuesday. Is this normal? I had to take amaxicillin last week for a tooth infection which I told the hospital about. Could this be the reason wwhy? Any advice would be gratefully recieved-thanks

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi,

Unfortunately we would have no idea why you have been told to stop and it isn't normal practice.  I take it you hadn't started any medication for IVF?  I have heard of a clinic being full one month and then telling someone they had to wait another month, so maybe that will be the case for you.

I honestly don't think anyone on here will have answers for you.  I am afraid it will just be a waiting game.  Let us know how you get on.

x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your reply. I have taken norethestone tablets and buserelin injections for past 2 weeks so I have only just started. Obviously ther are lots of bank hols coming up and I did think it was bit unusually that they start me now. They just seem to click their fingers and you have to jump,well, that's the way it feels!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts