Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning ladies

not sure if anyone can help before i potentially waste my time like last time  I had been trying for 6 years to no avail for a baby, as i have endo and hubby has low count. I had a number of laps, Zoladex injections, tonnes of appts here and there for years etc..etc.. and nothing helped. The NHS at that time (2006) said i would only be eligible for one NHS go if I was aged between 36-39  Anyway I was 33 at the time and managed to save up for one ICSI at Woking nuffield. Thanking my lucky stars I gave birth to a little girl last Jan. Anyway, my question is and not meaning to seem greedy for those who are still trying, but do you think I would be eligible for one go if I was in the age bracket? The reports on the net are somewhat confusing  DOnt get me wrong I am more than satisfied with my daughter and know how lucky I am and would feel the same if i never had anymore but I just wanted to know if its worth trying for a sibling for her as i know it wont happen naturally as been TTC for over a year again and certainly dont have any capacity to save again to go private.

Thanks for any views and    ^reiki^ ^reiki^^reiki^m to all

cheesyb
xx

P.S I did post this on the Berkshire board but doesnt seem anyone really visits there  :-\

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Cheesy

You would need to speak directly with your local PCT as most say that if you already have a child(ren) then you are not entitled to any NHS funding.  As you had a successful private treatment then you may well have been removed from any NHS waiting lists.

I'd contact your PCT to find out what their criteria is.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi
You would need to contact your local PCT to see what their criteria are. Some don't offer any NHS at all anymore ( know this from experience). A lot of PCT's unfortunetly don't offer IVF etc if you have already got a child. Good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi CheesyB

I'm also in Berkshire and didn't qualify for NHS cycle as I was too young.  The consultant also told me that you don't qualify if you've ever paid for a cycle, either of you smoke, you have a child already or you don't meet the BMI criteria ... yup our PCT is incredibly tight!  This was Aug last year that I was told this though so it's possible they've changed the rules again as the consultant said they were looking at the age rule.  I'd check with the PCT - I found my GP didn't know anything about it so had to ask consultant.

Good luck

Aileen x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts