Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to FF today and am making the most of not being able to sleep.  I love FF and have met some incredibly friendly people today and cannot believe how extensive the pages are. My 2 issues are my endometriosis and the lack of support for treatment for subfertility. We've been trying for a family since our miscarriage 7 years ago last week, we've been married for 8.  We've lived in Leics for 2 years now and have had hardly any support (clomiphene which didn't even guarantee me ovulation and I wasn't tested every month) from our doctor who's female can you believe it!  She told us quite matter of fact that we were not entitled to NHS treatment due to my husband's 2 teenage children from his first marriage to an unfaithful ex-wife, where does that leave us?  Am I being penalised for marrying a man who was denied the chance to be involved in the bringing up of his 2 children?  That's hardly the joys of fatherhood for him either.  She also failed to mention ECR (extra contractual referral) which I found out about today.  So now I'm on an information frenzy and would like some ammunition to take with me when I see a consultant next month (referred to because I've been having a period for 3 months, and I'm on northisterone to stop the bleeding not because my doctor really cares and is looking out for us).

If anyone can let me know of anything relevent to NHS IVF or endo I would be greatly relieved and appreciative.  I've got a lot to get out of my system so I apologise for being a bit ranty (I think I just made that word up).......I love FF though! :) ^idiot^ ??? :'( ^bigbad^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi emma

sorry i can't help with treatment in leics hun but i wanted to welcome you to ff

it sounds like you are having a right time of it trying to get your doctor to help :mad: so you be as ranty (i like that word) ;) as you like. we do have an endo board which you might find helpfull, here's a link

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

good luck at your consultants next month, hopefully he/she will be more sympathetic and will start the ball rolling

pam xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.