Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a failed cycle in Feb and now I am getting bad Endo symptoms and want to go back to my gynea about it. I spoke to him today and he said i need to get another referral from my GP because it's been so long and because of "the funding and stuff". Recently our GP told us DH couldn't have another SA done and we would have to pay for it via CARE and now I'm worried the same is gonna apply to my treatment.

Does anyone know whether once you have paid for IVF privately whether you can still have your endo etc managed on the NHS??

Thanks
Rachel

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Hi

As far as I know they cannot prevent you from having treatment for endo on the nhs but I do know that they like you to be 'referred' again via the GP as the same happend to me.

Hope that helps

Jo xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
hiya rachel

IF tx is different to endo tx

if your gp says so i would contact your pct

the only time that they may say this is if you want an out of area referral

let us know howu get on hun

Emxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I agree with the other ladies, if you have endometriosis then any operations related to this should be classed as IVF treatment....so you should still be entitled to it on NHS.

Do you have private healthcare insurance ?  Some insurers will cover for endo although others won't if it's an ongoing medical condition....you'd need to check.  I know I have healthcare insurance through work and our corporate policy stipulates "disregard all previous medical history" (as did my last company's policy years ago) so although I've had diagnosed endo for 20 years, I can still get all my endo ops done privately.

If you don't have private healthcare or they won't cover for subsequent endo ops then I'd definitely discuss with your GP and local PCT as I honestly can't see how they can class a lap for known endo as IVF treatment (whereas your partners sperm tests could be seen as infertility investigations)

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies guys. I think I'm gonna go to my surgery but try and see a different GP. Our one just doesn't seem very supportive any more and I feel guilty everytime I go and see him! I've told DH he has to come with me for support though because I know otherwise I probably won't go!!! The problem we've got is we were hoping to have a FET in August but I know my Gynea is fully booked all through June and July so any treatment I have will cause FET to be delayed. I hate having IF, it seems everything is just stopping us reaching our goal!!!

Maybe I shouldn't see Gynea at all and just go straight on to a FET problem is I'm pretty sure DH won't let me now :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts