Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share my birth experience with you all!

I started to feel ‘funny’ from the early hours of Friday morning.  When I got up and went to the loo I had a show.  I was very excited and mentioned it to DH.  I wasn’t sure if I should start on my TENS machine or just leave it for a while, as I know that a show does not necessarily mean that labour is imminent. ???

Every few minutes or so I kept going to the loo and having more and more of a show and at some points it looked like just red blood and no mucus plug!  ??? DH suggested I have a bath to relax. Got in the bath and straight out again as it was uncomfortable.  :mad: Put the TENS machine on at level 1, and then 2 which had no affect whatsoever but then kicked in at level 3 (maximum level is 5).  :eek: Phoned the hospital and told them what was happening and as soon as I mentioned first baby they said call back in an hour.  :mad: 2.5 hours went by and DH was timing my contractions  which were about 5-8 minutes apart!  :eek: I called hospital and said that I could come in if I wanted to.  Thanks!  ^idiot^

Arrived at the hospital about 3.45am and TENS machine is up to the maximum level of 5.  :eek: Kept me waiting what felt like an age but was probably only about 10 minutes for a room.  Nurse came in and checked my cervix – I wasn’t dilated!!!!!!  :eek: They gave me some paracetamol and were sending me home!!!!!  ^idiot^ Another midwife saw that I was bleeding and asked me if I was ok and I said no. :-\ She said I would be admitted to a ward.  :) Original midwife came back to check me over again.  I was then checked again by several medical staff , I bled a lot and there was a possible  risk of a placental abruption – bubs was monitored and she was fine, but most definitely was not!!!  Medical staff never did explain the bleeding.  ???

So to cut a long story short, from feeling funny just after midnight on Friday to going to hospital at 3.45am, after requesting any drug they had and TENS machine at maximum level without even being dilated, I got up from the examining table as I felt odd and had an overwhelming urge to push.  I was told to get back on the bed, was checked again and I was 8cm dilated.  :eek: :)  I’d had gas and air, which had no affect whatsoever, and then pethidine.  I had prepared myself for an epidural but they wouldn’t give me one as it was too late.  Mummy was a bit of a wimp with the pushing and was threatened with ventouse cap and a caesarean so after some quick smart pushes out came our little girl at 7.58am on 5 August.  :) :) :)

Nic  :)

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Nic,

Congratulations, a quick labour and a beautiful little girl as your reward  :)

Love Mish xx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Great to read you birth story Nic  ;)

Sounds like you did great  :)

Nicky x

·
Registered
838 Posts
Its nice to hear a quick birth.. they dont seem that regular!

Hope mines as quick :)

Your daughter is beautiful, and I absolutely adore her name :)

Take care

Dawn x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.