Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend any good games for my 5 year old son?  Santa is bringing a ds and is totally lost in the world of nintendo!  Best place to buy online?

Thanks

Annette

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
I have one and I have to say, Ben plays with it far more than I do!

I bought a game called "I did it Mum" which is aimed for 3 years and older. It has things like picture match, colouring, bash the monster, spot the difference etc. on it. It's probably still suitable for 5 year olds since some of the stuff on it is quite hard for Ben's age.

Ben also likes Brain Training. He likes the numbers and calling out the colours on the brain age check. ::)

You'd probably also be ok with something like Mario Kart. They also do some of the Sims games to. I have Sims Castaway and Ben likes to do the fishing and bug hunting on that (can't really play it as a proper game though).

If you can, it's worth looking for game exchange sites or shops as they work out a lot cheaper than buying brand new. Somewhere like this: http://www.thegamexchange.com/section.php/21/1/nintendo-ds---lite-games/a9c952282f0c68ed1abd9cff5222d6a8

C~x

/links

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Just to completely echo Caz.....

I'd def go to Game type shops and by pre-owned as they are so much cheaper and often look like they've never even been used.

We've bought both new and pre-loved and unfortunately DS1 has lost about 5-6 of his games to the tune of £100    ^bigbad^

I guess it's not completely his fault as the actual game cartridges are so bloody small it's no wonder they disappear  :mad:

S xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
my son is obsessed with his .  He has had it for about four years now and they are excellent for taking out to a meal with you with headphones in, keeps them occupied you see loads of kids in restaurants with them .

I have to say the lego type games, the mario type as well are good and he has some sims ones.

For xmas I got some cheap in toys ru s about 4 pounds each and some of them were book type ones that he could read on his d.s.  -  I live in hope he will one day enjoy reading lol!!!

Supermarkets such as asda and sainsburys often have them cheap also amazon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.