Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have had several m/cs in conjunction with IVF / FETs, and know that my NK cell tests are too high, but am dithering about treatment, as I'm worried about possible health consequences. I have taken Clexane and progesterone, but am not keen on taking steroids. I am considering trying intralipids.

My NK tests at the Lister don't mention ILs, however, and I re-read them again, and was wondering why they were so different, when taken barely 2 months apart, with no immune treatment in the middle. Makes me wonder whether the whole NK immune issue thing is valid?

Would really appreciate it if anyone could provide any insight to the 2 sets of results:

1st test

Total NK cells absolute counts 162.5
Total NK percentage 11.7%
Total NK CD69 absolute counts 3.4
Total CD69 percentage 2.09%

Cytoxic assay

NK cell 50:1 43%
25:1 40%
12.5:1 32%

With IVIG
NK cell 50:1 with ivig 12.5mg/ml 15%, reduction in killing power 65.12%
50:1 with ivig 6.25mg/ml 27%, reduction in killing power 37.21%
50:1 with steroids 10mg 10%, reduction in killing power 76.74%
50:1 with steroids 5mg 22%, reduction in killing power 48.84%

2nd test

Total NK cells absolute counts 184.5
Total NK percentage 13%
Total NK CD69 absolute counts 1.71
Total CD69 percentage 0.93%

Cytoxic assay

NK cell 50:1 49%
25:1 41%
12.5:1 26%

With IVIG
NK cell 50:1 with ivig 12.5mg/ml 29%, reduction in killing power 40.82%
50:1 with ivig 6.25mg/ml 48%, reduction in killing power 2.04%
50:1 with steroids 10mg 25%, reduction in killing power 48.98%
50:1 with steroids 5mg 21%, reduction in killing power 57.14%

Thanks for any help  :)

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
the most important numbers are the cytoxicity assays - yours have hardly changed at all between tests - they've stayed high

the tests with ivig are just an indicator - it only looks at how your nka changes in a test tube environment with some ivig added after 2 hours - its not definitive enough to look at the actual numbers - just whether it goes down much or not

can't comment on cd69 as not many labs run that one

bear in mind that your nka is supposed to go up sometimes e.g., if you have a virus to fight - so it is possible to, unfortunately, get a one-off result which is much higher than your normal baseline if you are unlucky with the snapshot of time that you decide to test in - but yours hasn't changed much between the 2 tests

hope this helps

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help, Agate; to me it doesn't look as is the IVIG or steroids do much good, in terms of bringing the percentages down. Is that how it looks to you, is this common or pretty bad, and have you heard of anyone having better luck with ILs?

I'm with the Lister, who woud like to do 25mg steroids and ILs; would that sound pretty standard to you? I will probably just try intralipids though....

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
lots of ladies use ils - its cheaper than ivig

25mg prednisolone is fairly common

have you seen my faq on steroids etc? - answers these sorts of questions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.