Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had IVF a couple of months back. At the end of my 2ww my period started and had a negativ pregnancy test. My next period is now 4 days late and I am never normally late. My clinic has asked me to do a pregnancy blood test. Why have they asked me to do this? If negative, which surely will be, am I likely to miss this period altogether? Desparately awaiting next period as want to start FET.

Anyone had similar experience?

Cheryl.xx

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm having a similar weird situation.  I had DIUI in April, AF showed up before test date, did a test then anyway which was BFN of course.  Am now waiting to start DIUI again after a month's break and whilst I know I ovulated late, I normally get AF 13 days after ov.  I have this rather pathetic attempt at spotting but no AF and tomorrow will be 15 days post ov.  I have had a weird cycle with lots of early pg symptoms so I know the drugs are probably still messing with my system but I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this?  (BTW no way I could be pg - my partner is female so tx is our only option.)

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

Your clinic will want to rule out a pregnancy hun.  However, it's not unusual for your next 2 or 3 periods to be delayed following a treatment cycle which is why a lot of clinics say you've to have 3 clear cycles in between treatment.

I'm sure AF will turn up soon, hun she's just running late because of all the drugs your body's been subjected to.

Axxxx

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Evening ladies,

I'm in the same boat. We had EC 14th April, never got to ET because of severe OHSS. Had a withdrawl bleed 2 weeks after (26th April) but nothing since. I was due again 31st May, I'm now 11 days late and still nothing. I phoned the clinic and they said to leave it till Friday and if AF hasn't arrived they will get me in to scan me to check all is OK and give me some medication to bring it on. I feel reassured that I'm not alone!

Hope everything goes OK with FET Mon-Cheri - we've also spoken on the Dorset board.

Sarah xx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi,

Just wanted to say that after my ICSI cycles I have had to wait 60 days + for my af to appear again. I also done a pg test after 2nd attempt in the hope it would spur her on ;D it didnt :( I had to go back to my clinic to get scanned again to see if there were any dominant follies there. They did see 1 and they said if af still not here in 2 more weeks they would 'kick start' my body and make af come. Luckily it came :)

Ctm xx

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Well just as I was going to bed last night my witch arrived so am up for baseline tomorrow with a view to a second cycle of DIUI.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer Cheryl. x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies. Made me feel much better and less stressed! My AF has now shown up which is good news as off to the clinic tomorrow for lining check scan ans if all good, can get going with FET.

Do have a slight problem with this AF though...............I feel like a crazed woman. Presuming it's because this is my first proper period after tx ( have had another but was quite light). My boyfriend says he can't understand why i'm in a mood, says my bad mood should be before my period and not during. I said I just wanted to be left alone and he went on and on and on saying there must be something else up for me to be feeling like this. Anyway, it ended up with me throwing my nivea pot of cream at him which is now all over the walls and carpet! Feel like i'm going  ^idiot^

He's made me so angry for not understanding it's just hormones! A LOT of hormones. Anyone else been like this or is it just me?

CTm- 60+ days!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have been going nuts! Glad it finally came for you!  :)

Sarah - Hiya Chick, How you doing? Fingers croosed that your AF arrives for you soon. This waiting game is awful! Let me know how you get on, won't you?

Cookiesal - Hope yours sorts itself out too. Drives you crazy doesn't it when you just want to know what on earth is going on inside! But I suppose we do do put ourselves through it! Fingers crossed it will all be worth it for all of us!

Mon Cheri xxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts