Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the last thing I was expecting - I knew it might not work this time but I never, ever expected that none of our eggs would even fertilize.  They did hold out some faint hope as one formed two polar bodies but never got any further. 
I've heard some women just have the wrong sort of cytoplasm - could this be true?  Do I have a hope with donated eggs? (Am I grasping at straws?)
It seems stupid now that when I married I didn't take my husbands name as I didn't want my family name to die out (there were other reasons too) and now it will anyway.

Is there any hope?

Lizi

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Lizi

Sorry, not stalking you. but was concerned how you had got on and saw you were the last post under this thread.

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get fertalisation. Theres nothing I can say to make you feel better.

When you go to your appointment to discuss this, make sure you have a list of questions. There must be a reason for it not to have happened.

Again, so sorry to hear your news.
Lolly

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Lizi,
I'm so sorry to hear that it hasn't worked out for you.  I have just heard that my 3rd ICSI attempt hasn't worked so I really do feel for you at the moment.

I don't know what may have happened with your eggs fertilising, i find that the treatment seems to generate more questions than it answers which is so very frustrating.

I do wish you loads of success at your next appointment.  Make sure you write down the questions you want to ask.  I also write down the answers, so i'm sure that i've understood what's being said.

My thoughts are with you

Liz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts