Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out today that none of my 9 eggs collected yesterday were fertilized. We were going down the IVF route and switched yesterday to ICSI due to DH borderline sperm test.

Feel devastated

Has anyone else experienced this?

Liz x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Emm

So sorry to hear your news.  It is actually more common than you might think.  It happened to me last January and like you I to was devastated but picked myself back up as I so wanted my dreams to come true.  I had 8 eggs on that attempt and none fertilised.  On my 2nd attempt they increased my drug dosage and I collected 21 eggs and 9 fertilised although this IVF attempt failed.  I am now pregnant but after all the treatment it actually happened naturally.  My only advice is to never give up.

Take care and be strong

Blue x

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Liz - my heart goes out to you. I was in exactly the same position last year.  They couldn't give a reason why (which I think was the worst bit).
Hold on in there  ^hugme^.
If you want to talk about any of it I'm here.
lots of love
Lizi

PS Blue, that's great news, it gives me real hope. I'll show your post to DH when he gets home too.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lizi

I have sent a message not sure if it sent though

Liz xxx

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH MY GOD - In shock

just had the phone call to say that 2 have fertilized over night and I am going back in at 1.30 to have then transfered.

Not great embroyos obviously as they have taken so long to get this far but at least something has happened and there is hope for next time.

Lizxx

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Liz

So happy for you hun ^reiki^ ^reiki^. I knew that you were going to get there.

lots of love

ana
^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^banana^ ^clapping^

·
Registered
45 Posts
^goodluck^ EMM  ^goodluck^

Lets hope their fighters

Love Blue x

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Liz - Great news, see sperm aren't so stupid

^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.