Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Ive just been for my 1st scan this morning and they coulnt see a heartbeat. Apparently there is a pregnancy sac, a yolk sac and a foetal pole, but just couldnt see a heartbeat. They have said that it might just be still a bit early and want me to come back on sunday to check again. They seem to think that everything else is in order apart from that one massive thing. The sac was measuring 6wk+ so the size was ok also. Should I fear the worst or is there any hope? I know this has happened to people who have had scans at 5&6weeks, but surely there should be a HB at 7weeks?

Beany
Code:

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Beany- if you look through the threads there have been a couple of people recently who were in the same situation and all is going well for them now, good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
A few days can make all the difference, I hope your little bean was just too shy today!
I understand how hard this week will be for you, best of luck hun  ;)
Love Cindersxxx

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Beany - we were told that it might not be possible to see the heartbeat so early - apparently it is common not to see it at this early stage..... it sounds as though everything else was looking fine and dandy though, which is great news - Good Luck for your next scan on Sunday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ keep us posted - thinking of you  :-* :-*

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi,

Good luck for Sunday and let us know how you get on.  Still might be a little early for the heartbeat.

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
381 Posts
I agree with the others....don't give up on the little one yet...stay strong
Alice x  ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Oh bless you, how frightening - but like the other ladies have said there are many reasons why it might be perfectly ok.

I have only just had my BFP so I know how important that first scan feels - it seems such a big hurdle when you've already jumped through loads of hoops - hang on in there & keep believing all is well!

Good luck!!

Love Jess xxx

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Beany28 - Wanted to try and give you some ^reiki^.  We thought we had a m/c at 6.5 wks when pg with DD and a scan showed no heartbeat.  We were asked to go in a few days later to check everything was gone, and lo and behold there was a heartbeat.  We had m/c'd DD's twin but we still had her.  Everything is so tiny at that stage it's sometimes hard to see things clearly.  Please try your very best to be ^reiki^ .... I know from my experience how hard that is, but it can work out ok.  ^hugme^.  Take care of yourself. X

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies, Im gonna try and be hopeful now (after spending the day crying!). Its so hard going through all of this, I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I suppose if its meant to be it will be and thats all I can say at this stage. I just feel so numb! I'll keep you posted x

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
^hugme^

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
^hugme^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^spot^ ^spot^ :-*

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just keep breathing in and out till sunday hun... ^hugme^
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Love
Cindersxxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Normally the clinic do say that even at 7 weeks it can be a bit early.

There are quite a few ladies on here who have been in the same position and have gone on to see the heartbeat at the next scan.

^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

x x x x x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hiya Beany  :)

I went at 6 +4 and no heartbeat was found.  My clinic go from et for dates, I had gone from EC and FF calculator so thought I was 7 weeks (which I could've been depending how you date your pg, confuzzled I was  :))  Basically, what I am trying to say are you calculating from EC or ET?

Anyway, I went back a week later and although a bit slower than they would've liked there was a heartbeat.  I go again tomorrow for a scan.

Everything crossed for you on Sunday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Louj x  :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Louj, thanks for your reply. Good luck for your scan tomorrow - I hope everything is ok. If I went by FF calculator, then I am 7w2d, but the clinic make me exactly 7w today. Surely then by sunday when I would be 7wk3days there should def be a HB?

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Beany

Thank you for your well wishes  :-* 

Initially, I went mad googling and searching on FF re the heartbeat!  Most clinics don't scan until after 7 weeks for this exact reason, unnecessary stress  ;)  In the end I just tried to resign myself to thinking what will be will be, as extra stress isn't good for bubs anyway  :-*

Everything else seems to be okay, foetal pole etc. think positively about that  ^reiki^  On your 7 week 3 day q, some of the sites I found said it can be after 8 weeks that the heart beat is seen! 

Sometimes, I think the internet was designed to send us crazier  ;D

Everything is crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Louj x  :-*

·
Registered
138 Posts
Beany and Louj,
My heart goes out to you both, I'm in a similar position after having an emergency scan on wed due to some pain I was having, I'm now wishing I had never phoned the hospital at all!!  ^idiot^ They only saw a sac and a yolk sac, I've to go back next thurs for another scan. My original scan date was the 12th June, the doctor says this is the very reason they arrange them at these times so people like us don't freak out when they don't see what they want. She also says she's not worried cos it's still early, I'm trying hard to believe this is true!! I had been calculating my dates from EC, it makes me feel better if I calculate from ET now that I've read this.
Lots of Big  ^hugme^ and  ^pray^ to you both.
Debsx

PS I totally agree, the internet will send you mad!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Ladies - Lots of luck to all of you waiting for scans.  ^hugme^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
227 Posts
Beany - hang in there! I had a scan at 7 weeks last Wed (16th?) - my last 2 pregnancies were missed m/c.
It was a strange scan - she claimed she found a heartbeat but when she went to show me she couldn't find it!! She also claimed there was no fetal pole.
I just spent 10 days worrying and went back today for another viability scan - although its 10 days since the first scan they still only made me just 8 weeks and a heartbeat was def there - as was the fetal pole and all my measurements were fine.

I really think it depends on the experience of the sonographer and the position of the baby - today mine was tucked up against the side of the sac...
stay strong
Rosy
x

·
Registered
138 Posts
Rose36 said:
Beany - hang in there! I had a scan at 7 weeks last Wed (16th?) - my last 2 pregnancies were missed m/c.
It was a strange scan - she claimed she found a heartbeat but when she went to show me she couldn't find it!! She also claimed there was no fetal pole.
I just spent 10 days worrying and went back today for another viability scan - although its 10 days since the first scan they still only made me just 8 weeks and a heartbeat was def there - as was the fetal pole and all my measurements were fine.

I really think it depends on the experience of the sonographer and the position of the baby - today mine was tucked up against the side of the sac...
stay strong
Rosy
x
See!!! I like stories like this!! It gives us all hope. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Thanks Rosy.
x

1 - 20 of 36 Posts