Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In early March I had an operation whereby I had 2 chocolate cysts removed -1 from either ovary.The cyst on my left ovary was quite large. I also had some of the cyst removed from my bowel and scare tissue.

I have not had a period since the end of December and I am getting really worried.

I have tried a number of times to contact my consultant but its impossible to speak to him as he is always in theatre or consultations.

I had the dipo injection mid December so that my cycles would stop prior to the operation. I was told at the time that it would only stop my periods for 12 weeks. Im now on week 23 and nothing !!!

I experienced extremely bad hot flushes and night sweats since I had the injection but they have stopped in the past 2 weeks.

I feel Im getting period pains but nothing is happening. I was prescribed Clomiphene but was told only to take it on the second day of my first period and every period thereafter for the next 6 months.

Obviously since I havent had that first period I cant take it.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my query.

Ill get on to my GP today. Every morning this week I wake up with slight pains which leads me to believe my cycle has started but then I discover nothing has occured.

We are only recently married so it hasnt been easy on my husband and Id like to put both our minds at rest.

Ill let you know how I get on.

Thanks again and have a great day :)

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hi

As Sades has already said your GP/con can prescribe norethislerone to take, which will bring on an AF.

Its been months since my last AF, and i had norethislerone a couple of months ago, it did the trick, i took the tablets for 10 days, then 3 days later AF turned up.  Only problem is she hasnt been back since !!??

Have you spoke to your GP ??

xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi nickym,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

No I have not spoken to my GP yet because im still waiting for the consultant to contact me 4 weeks and counting !! Its a joke.

If I dont hear from them by Friday Im going to contact my GP. I just hope my GP was sent the report after my operation because 3 weeks after it they werent able to advise or subscribe any medication as they had nothing to work from.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I'd ring the consultants secretary tomorrow if I were you and explain you haven't had results yet. I've always found I've had to chase any results/news when it comes to the nhs  ::) A little memory jog doesn't hurt anyone and you'll feel better once you've rang.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts