Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several failed attempts we were finally lucky and have a wonderful baby son who  is now 8 months old.  We would now dearly love to have another baby and I am gearing myself up to go through ICSI again.   

I haven't had a period since Jan 07 , Im 37 years old and I don't want to risk going tothe cliinc for them to turn round and say, "we'll just wait on your periods starting"   Has anyone had drugs to kick start their periods? 

·
Registered
703 Posts
hi
before i started my ICSI i was very regular with my periods but the one i really needed just before started to d/r wouldn't come i was over a wk or so late so i saw my onsultant who prescribed me northisterone which i took for 10 days then after stopped them my period came within few days so mybe u could try them

speak to ur dr see wot they suggest

good luck

Louise xxx

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi Dizzi hon

can I ask a question?  If you don't go to a clinic, how will you get any drugs to start your period off anyway? I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you haven't had your period yet and you think it should have come back by now (I have no idea how long it usually takes after childbirth - sorry!) then wouldn't it be a good idea to have the clinic take a look and make sure that everything is ok hormone wise?

Failing that, I'm sure I saw a thread on here somewhere asking how long it usually takes for the old witch to show up again, I'll have dig around and post the link if I can find it.

All the best hon and congrats on your 8 month-old!
x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I can't remember the name of it but there is a drug that you can take to induce your period.  Some clinics use this in cases where ladies don't have a regular period.

I would contact your clinic and mention it at your next appointment

x x x x

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was put on provera to kick start ICSI after last cycle. It came a few days after i stopped taking provera

Hope that helps

Floss

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
if your Gp is happy, you can have Norethisterone or Provera to kickstart your period but maybe he will want you to have a scan. Some uterine problems like Ashermans esp after childbirth can cause no periods but its unlikely unless you had a retained placenta, most likely just hormonal in you r case, then its easier to treat.
You can take norethisterone also to delay a period and for dysfuntional uterine bleeding
Good luck
Danni

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I had a session of acupouncture and low and behold the next day there was AF
L x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
I was put on provera to bring on AF after being put into temprary menopause for 3 months (and I don't get AFs on my own).  It sill wasn't coming after almost two weeks, so I had heard that parsely tea can help (which is just parsely infused in hot water).  I drank 3 cups on a Friday night, 3 cups on a Saturday morning, and then by lunch AF had arrived.  You could try it..nothingn to lose.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As the other girls say - Provera does the trick but if you want to try some herbal medicine it might be worth looking into Agnus Castus, avail from health shops?  Its available in tablet and droplett form, the droplett form works stronger.  I have pcos and when i was on waiting lists between tx I took the decision to use it my self - 14 days into taking it my AF arrived after months of nothing,  please do however do some research so you know what it's all about as it may not apply to you but at the end of the day is only a plant extract that helps balance hormones???

Good luck.

Nacknick. xx

·
Registered
132 Posts
♥JJ1♥ said:
I had a session of acupouncture and low and behold the next day there was AF
L x
I've just bought a very interesting book "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis which talks about the Chinese medicine approach to getting pregnant. Thought it might be of interest to you if you'd be interested in kick-starting your AF without drugs as it talks about why, according to Chinese medicine, your period may not be coming. By the way, I see you're in Edinburgh - the best acupuncturist I've ever been to (and I've seen a few) was right where you are! Let me know if you'd be interested!
^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts