Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it’s been a long time but thought I’d come and give an update on our treatment. Here’s the link to my original thread a few years ago.https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/threads/no-sperm.371265/page-2
We found out in may 2017 that we’d struggle to have children as my tests had zero sperm. In our first nhs appointment my consultant recommended we go straight to donor as we’d only have 1 attempt on the nhs, as time went on he referred me to Dr David Ralph at uclh for a micro tese and the operation was done by Dr Pippa sangster who was fantastic. They mangaged to get enough sperm for 6rounds of ivf/Icsi and was amazed as I wasn’t expecting a result, this was conducted in August 2019 and covid hit so we didn’t actually start our first cycle until June of this year. Thankfully it worked first time as my wife is nearly 25weeks pregnant and we are absolutely delighted and still can’t quite believe it as we both were not confident it would work and were given very low chances of success, also we are the first time Leicester fertility have had a successful micro tese pregnancy through icsi. I just wanted to give an update to show people that there is light at the end of the tunnel. If I can be of any help to answer questions then don’t hesitate contact me. Thank you all for all the input and well wishes you have a few years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone, it’s been a long time but thought I’d come and give an update on our treatment. Here’s the link to my original thread a few years ago.https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/threads/no-sperm.371265/page-2
We found out in may 2017 that we’d struggle to have children as my tests had zero sperm. In our first nhs appointment my consultant recommended we go straight to donor as we’d only have 1 attempt on the nhs, as time went on he referred me to Dr David Ralph at uclh for a micro tese and the operation was done by Dr Pippa sangster who was fantastic. They mangaged to get enough sperm for 6rounds of ivf/Icsi and was amazed as I wasn’t expecting a result, this was conducted in August 2019 and covid hit so we didn’t actually start our first cycle until June of this year. Thankfully it worked first time as my wife is nearly 25weeks pregnant and we are absolutely delighted and still can’t quite believe it as we both were not confident it would work and were given very low chances of success, also we are the first time Leicester fertility have had a successful micro tese pregnancy through icsi. I just wanted to give an update to show people that there is light at the end of the tunnel. If I can be of any help to answer questions then don’t hesitate contact me. Thank you all for all the input and well wishes you have a few years ago.
Hi Rich

Just want to say what a lovely story and happy ending to your fertility journey!

Thank you for sharing xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts