Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was hoping I would get a +ve OPK this morning (I use CB digital ones which you can use any time of the day) but it was -ve.  I'm on CD13 now and took my last Clomid pill on CD6, I've had watery CM for the last few days but no EWCM (or only the slightest trace of it) am I still in with a chance of OVing??

I don't OV naturally every month by myself, but when I do, it's around CD13/14.  My FF chart is no use this month, my temperature has been so erratic I can't rely on it, so the only real clue I have is OPKs....

Any advice would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hi Lou,
Dont panic hun, i ovulated on day 16 the first month and day 15 last month.
Clomid can lengthen or shortern your cycle.
Im sure its round the corner, sometimes my CRM doesnt come till after my test says i ovulated.
So i suggest you should start ^BMS^ now and then every other day.
The stats are that couples who make love more than 3 times a week have a much higher chance of becoming pregnant.(simple i know but some people overlook this part of TTC, me included ;D!)
Good luck hun.
x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

It sounds like you're getting near to ovulation ^afro^ ...I posted this info on another message a while ago...

"Cervical fluid is produced by your cervix as you approach ovulation due to increased estrogen. It flows from the cervix into the vagina where it can easily be observed. Your cervical fluid changes throughout your cycle, increasing in quantity and becoming more clear and stretchy as you get closer to ovulation.

In the most common pattern, cervical fluid starts out dry after your period and then gets sticky, then creamy, then wet and watery, becoming most like eggwhite as you get closer to ovulation. Usually it dries up quickly after ovulation. You may get different types of cervical fluid on the same day."

Also, with regards to having ^BMS^ I would start having fun now !! We were told by 2 different fertility consultants that it's a bit of a myth that should only have BMS every other day as sperm needs to "replenish"...there is always good healthy mature sperm ready (constantly being "made" !!) so it'll never run out ! Unless a man has a lower than "normal" sperm count then we were told to have BMS every day & at least, every other day. Here's some more info I found...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Intercourse_Timing_and_Frequency.html

"Your probability of conception is increased when you have intercourse multiple times in your fertile window. While it is true that sperm concentrations decrease slightly with increasing intercourse frequency, frequent intercourse is still more likely to result in conception than infrequent intercourse for couples with no male factor fertility issues. Each additional act of intercourse within your fertile window increases your probability of conception for that cycle."

"There is a common practice where many couples believe they have to save the man's ejaculate until the exact moment of ovulation. You don't really have to do that. In fact, having sex often ensures that the sperm in a man's ejaculate is as healthy as it can be. Storing it up can decrease its motility, so don't be tempted to put off intercourse until you ovulate, and don't abstain for more than seven days in a row."

"Ignore all the myths that the man will 'run out' of sperm if you have sex too often. On the contrary, some men have a drop in their sperm count if they don't ejaculate regularly. It is true that the density of sperm in each ejaculate diminishes with frequent orgasms. But remember that it takes only one healthy sperm to make it to the woman's Fallopian tubes during the time of ovulation. So density is less important than quality and motility here."

"Some people believe that day is a better time for baby making sex because the sperm count is higher then as compared to nights. While some studies claim that a man's sperm count may be higher in the morning, the differences are minimal. This slight difference in the sperm count is inconsequential is affecting your chances of getting pregnant. Recent research shows that the best time of the day for sex if you wanted to get pregnant was in the early evening between 5 and 7 pm, when sperm counts are up to 35% higher, sperm are livelier, and women are more likely to ovulate"

Ultimately it's up to you how frequent (& I know how tired I can after work sometimes ! :-\ ) but have plenty of fun ! ;)

Wishing you loads of luck ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha :)

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Dr Natasha, you are amazing!!!!!!!

Loubie, don't panic, sounds like its coming, clomid can lengthen/shorten your cycle so you may ov later than usuall.  Just get jiggy jiggy and cover all your options.  When you take the stick out of the opk digital what are the lines showing?  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks for that girls!! 

Fortunately we've both got quite high sex drives, so frequency isn't an issue for us  ;D I was just a bit worried that nothing seems to be happening

Having said that, I've had quite a bit of EWCM today (yay!) and my ovaries are definitely doing something because I've been having twinges all afternoon.

I did another OPK when I got home (couldn't resist  ;)) but still no surge, hopefully there'll be one in the morning!

When I took the stick out there were 2 lines...is this significant??  In the instructions it says to ignore what's showing once the stick is ejected?  One was paler than the other, but there were definitely 2!!

Thanks again girls, my guess is that OV will be on day 15 - 2 days time, so I guess I'd better get my legs shaved tonight..... ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
;D  ;D  ;D  sounds like its coming. even though you should ignore the lines on the digital ones, they do work similarly where the test line starts getting darker until its as dark as the guide line.  the lighter line will get darker over the next day or 2.  good luck  ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Good luck Loubie,

Did you get a +ve today?

Louise x

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did indeed  ;D ;D ;D

I did one this morning and it was -ve but I've had pains all day down below so knew something must be happening, so I did another at tea time and it was a smiley face.

Needless to say we made sure there was a welcoming party waiting for when the egg/eggs is/are released  ^roflmao^

This 2WW is going to be soooooooo tortuous!!

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Nice one!!! good luck girl, grab those  ^sperm^ and hold on tight.  See you over in the 2ww thread  ^2ww^ xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.