Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure as the new year aproaches lots of people will be planning to give up smoking as a new year resolution, I thought all of us who have given up so far can share some insight of the good and the bad bits to help everyone in 2005

Come everyone that has given up the evil weed in 2004 share your highs and low points of quitting.... it might help everyone in 2005 !!!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my lows were all the times I slipped up and lit up.. and the guilt and anger I felt towards myself the next day.

my highs were getting my BFP and seeing Beans heartbeat and realising how worth the effort it all was.

tips for not smoking...

1. endless supplies of non sugar lollie's
2. smell your clothes after being in a smokey place
3. taking 100mg of Vit c!!!

Good luck to everyone who will be quitting in the new year xxxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone,

just a quick note of hope for all of you smokers who want to quit.  I smoked for 16 years and had tried everything to stop.  My dh and I have been ttc for over 5 years and I knew I had to stop as I went for my first cycle of IVF.  I hated the idea of patches and nicotine replacement, and then a friend of mine recommended a book, Allan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking.  I was dubious but thought I'd give it a try anyway. 

Well that was last January, and I'm coming up to my first year smoke free, and it feels great.  Dont use the excuse that you're stressed and need to smoke, coz that it just an excuse us smokers use to keep on the weed.  I went through IVF, miscarriage and lost my mum to leukemia this year, and all without ****.  So if I can go through all that stress and stay *** free, there's hope for everyone.  Don't worry about the book either, it doesn't scare you into stopping like most other books, its just a different way of thinking about smoking. 

Good luck to you all and try your best; it will be the best present you can give yourselves this Christmas.

NikNik. xx ;)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nik nik

What a year you have had,

Congratulations on not relenting to the evil weed.

Wishing your dreams true for 2005 xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts