Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok My name is Jen and im starting my FIRST cycle of NHS IVF at ninewells in dundee. Really not sure where to post this as technically Im a Northumberlander... but there is no Northumberland clan!

Im scared.

My story: I have had PCOS since i was 17.. the doctors called me the late bloomer and then finally gave me a proper title.. PCOS. I have been trying to get pregnant since I was 21 I am now 27. I went to a naturopath to help with the weight issue (pcos sucks for weight gain) She REALLY helped me with things did a bunch of tests that allowed me to see what was really wrong with me.

After being on the waiting list I finally got that letter.

I have been on the nasal spray for a week now.. having the WORST period of my life. and have my baseline scan on June 2nd.

Now im looking for tips... Suggestions I mean im overweight and I have been loosing but i know im still overweight my weight is PURELY from the PCOS and the fact i realized even eating salad everyday puts the pounds on.

So i founda lifestyle that suites me.. and its working.. But ill still be overweight for my treatment

Im scared its not going to work im scared theres something i COULD be doing that im not.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Jen,
Don't be scared.  ^hugme^
I'm about 3 stone overweight and I was worried like you are about whether treatment would work because of it. I've just got pregnant with my second go at ICSI. So it CAN work even though we're overweight. I try and see the treatment thing as if it's meant to be then it will happen. There is nothing you can do other than try to be healthy and not be too stressed out. Good luck with your treatment  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
I've blown you some bubbles for luck. If you have any other questions then just ask.
Sarah xx

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hi hun

We cover the whole NE hun and have 1 or 2 ladies from northumberland- i know we have a lady who lives in berwick and also someone who is in tyne and wear however is up nr you often!

dont be scared hun-we are here to help support you

xx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Jen  ^hugme^

That'll be me then MJ eh?!! She's quite right, we have a lovely (pg) lass in Berwick whom I'm sure will pop on and introduce herself. My gang are also up at a place near Bamburgh nearly every other weekend. We're the only 2 that I'm aware of from your neck of the woods ....but I could be wrong! Would be nice to have another one!

Weight doesn't have to be an issue even though the doctors love to tell you it is a major one. One of my bezzie mates is not on the slim spectrum and she has been pg naturally a few times and has a lovely 20 monther called Marcus. I'm sure she'll come and say hello to you too when she's back off her hols.

My only suggestion would be to make sure you're taking your folic acid as this could quite well be your turn. Other than that, relax, no alcohol or **** and eat good healthy food.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on. Would be easier if you joined us on the North Easties thread but entirely up to you!  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts