Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY CHATTING & ^reiki^ to all :)

xx

·
Registered
593 Posts
^idiot^ i can feel another heated discussion coming on tomorrow when nobody tells wezza we have moved house  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

·
Registered
604 Posts
holly01 said:
^idiot^ i can feel another heated discussion coming on tomorrow when nobody tells wezza we have moved house ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^
Holly you are so right!!

Well done on being first. How exciting page 2!!

Dahlia x

·
Registered
866 Posts
ha ha ha i think there will be a few who have something de say about moving.......lol...

·
Registered
620 Posts
A new home, hopefully a new start for all of us and some good luck with it!

Tedette, that is really good news that 8 have fertilised, good luck for ET on Friday. ^reiki^ ^reiki^  They only tell you the grade when you go for ET

Weeza, you mentioned giving blood, just after our first IVF they took me off the list for 6 months to let the drugs get out of your system, this time when I called them they asked when I thought I would be ready to give blood again - has anyone else had this?

Trishy, I wasn't sure if I would tell people that my baby was IVF in case some people would treat them differently.  Good luck for scan on Friday. ^reiki^

Emer, glad you liked acupuncture - you really wouldn't know there was needles anywhere

Galaxy girl, hope you are feeling a bit better.  This whole process really takes it out of you

Annie, I am A- and I don't know what DH is but I was wondering about those antibodies you need to take when pregnant.

MrsAB, hope the scan went well

Angel, sorry Clomid didn't work for you this month.

Holly, how are you feeling?

Blue ribbon, you have 10 days of stimms injections, then your final Pregynl injection 36 hours before EC.  The only thing you can't be sure about it is the length of time you down reg for - this can be 2 weeks or a lot longer as I can testify.  You have a scan on day 6 of stimms then on day 10 or 11.

You are right in that people just don't know how to react when you mention IF.  I think a lot of people don't know what IVF really involves so they are a bit confused.  Some people seem to think it is a miracle treatment that always works and is simple - I wish!!

Hi to everyone else
Fiona

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey.........they've moved us!!!!

Watched The Apprentice tonight..................these people are supposed to be professionals right? So I'm assuming that they are educated...............especially the ones with the marbles in their mouths. So why then did I hear Kevin say the following:

By the time I was twenty I owned my first house, by the time I was twenty-free I owned my second !!!!!! How pathetic!!!!

Come out, come out.......wherever you are.........................!!!!!!!

Hi Fiona - good to hear from you!!

A

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi girls

I just wanted to say congrats to  tedette on 8 embies fertilised, good luck for fridays e/t!!! 

Anita - lovely pictures!!!!

Missy xx

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Missy and Dahlia!!

Thanks for watching my video.................you should compile one!!!  Missy you could do one of your pregnancy!!!!  Speaking of which how are you this weather?

Don't think I haven't spotted you Trish and Janners.............!!! lol

A

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi A

Doing well thanks, the pains are almost gone from my sides, so have just the usual pregnancy symptoms now........ Still anxious hoping everything will be ok.  Waiting anxiously for the date for our next scan, have first antenatal appointment on tuesday so looking forward to it.....

How is the tx treating you???? Good Luck for you scan tomorrow!!! or today now!!!!

Missy xx

·
Registered
336 Posts
Missy - you must fill us in on your first antenatal appt - and glad that most of the aches and pains are gone.................the only symptom of pregnancy I think I'll be looking forward to is having bigger bazookas!!!!!  Not that mine are small, may I add..............but it would be nice to have big, pendulous ones, that swing from side to side, for a wee change!!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek:  lol

My tx has gone strangely smooth............I'm afraid that I'll scud myself but I had virtually no side effects from DR - other than a puffy face and so far (Mrs AB touches wood..........oops and then realises it's laminate!!!!) Stimms seems to be ok.............have the odd mild cramp.  Fingers crossed I make it to ET.  ^pray^

A

·
Registered
883 Posts
Evening all!  How exciting that we have all talked so much we need a new thread!!  Wonder how long until we get to home number 3!!  ;D

Anita - I think maybe I confused you!  :-\ We all have an exciting day on May 7th but this is your EC day if I am right but it is my ET day so therefore I test 2 days before you!  :)  Nice video by the way!  Cute doggies! Elvis says Hi!!

Fiona - I won't just push the whole "my baby is an IVF baby by the way" to every passer by who stops to say how cute he/she is (and they will stop because my baby will be the cutest baby in the whole world in my eyes!!).  But if there is ever a conversation in the general direction of fertility then I will gladly offer my experience to anyone who thinks it would benefit them and who wants to know more but I won't force it on them either.  I just think there is no reason not to tell people my baby was created by an amazing journey and if anything it makes it even more special and when he/she grows up I will be telling them the whole story too (especially as it may be important to know when they are trying themselves - god I am already thinking about being a granny!  ;D ;D ).  So if I can draw anything positive from this whole experience (apart from a baby obviously) then I would like to think my knowledge and story could help those who follow in my footsteps to ensure them it is not as scarey as it seems and that they are not alone, as i have so richly learned from this website.

WARNING - American movie standing ovation moment coming up!!  ;D ;D

My Mum has always said one phrase and I truely believe in it and it is this - "everything happens for a reason".  I know sometimes she doesn't say the right things (through no fault of her own but she is learning with me as I go through this whole experience) but this is one phrase that has stuck by me since I left school and it always rings true in the end.  Although you may not fully understand at the time what the reason is, when you do eventually come to the end of a situation or experience, you can always look back and realise what the reason is that fate took you in that particular direction.  For instance I didn't get the A-levels results I hoped for so ended up across the water at university and looking back it was the best thing I ever did and it changed my life forever in terms of confidence.  At the time I cried myself to sleep and was so disappointed in myself but Mum said those words 'everything happens for a reason' and now i know why.  

There have been other scenarios too that I will not bore you with but now my biggest challenge is understanding the reason for me not being given the child I have dreamed of since meeting DH.  I am starting to work it out in my head and if I look back to when we first said 'let's go for it' I now know we were not in a financially stable position to enable me to take the time off to enjoy the first 9 months of my baby's life and to support it 100% and now I have got my act together and am saving hard which has been a real weight off my mind.  On a less practical note maybe I am supposed to grow stronger from this whole experience.  I feel a lot less fragile as time goes on and know this waiting time has given me time to reflect on how best to approach parenting and learn from being an auntie what way I would like to bring up my own child.

I have not yet fully worked out the 'reason' for all this but i know one day I will look back and will have gained something positive from it and will never see it as a negative experience no matter what the outcome.  We all learn and grow from every new challenge and I just have to work out what it is I am supposed to take from this but I do believe everything happens for a reason and hope that all you girls can take something positive from whatever your individual challenges are too.  All our lives changed forever the day we found out we had IF issues and we have to take what we can from it or it will consume us in a negative way.

I hope I have encouraged you all to stay strong.  ^hugme^

OK - I am now taking a bow!!  ;D  Sorry for the lecture yet again.  I really don't know what came over me!!  You can tell me to shut up if you want now!!  ;D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bravo!!!!  Rapturous applause................ ^clapping^ ^clapping^  Bravo!!!

On a serious note, Trish your words were indeed very comforting and I have already learned that we should not take things for granted or assume things will automatically happen for us in life e.g. ttc.  I agree with you.............things do happen for a reason - it's understanding why, is the problem!!!

Oops!!  Your test date makes sense now!!!

A

·
Registered
883 Posts
Thanks AB.  I'll let you off with the date thing - blame the drugs for making you loopy!!  ^idiot^

·
Registered
883 Posts
Time for bed now.  Just about made it to 1am for spray then alarm goes off at 6am so tired bunny at the minute!  Spray ends on Sunday so 8 hours sleep here we come!  Night girls and happy positive dreams!  DH thinks I am mad - I dreamt about chocolate krispie buns for 2 nights in a row!  How weird is that??!!  ^idiot^

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nah, I don't think it's the drugs...............probably just me!!!!!

Better go get some ZZZZzzzzzzs - gotta get up at 6am tomorrow.................geez, the thought of it............... ^eyes^ ^eyes^..........me thinks DH is gonna have to roll me out of bed and down blinkin the stairs.......I am NOT a morning person!!!!!  

Catch ye later!!!

A  

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good morning ladies,

Weeza, were are you??????????????????? for that matter Janners and Trish too????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I watched the apprentice, I tell you that program isn't good for my blood pressure, they are all soooooooo think!!! I wouldn't give any of them a job taking my bins out yet alone anything involving brain power!!!
Thank god Kevin has gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even the sight of him made my skin crawl :eek: How in hell did they think that the environment theme was good, it's actually beyond belief!!!!!! I better stop thinking about it as the old BP is going up again ^idiot^

Trish, that was a lovely post you did last night, well done with the positive attitude. The only thing is how can your baby be the cutest in Banbridge when mine will be???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Anita, Your dogs are really cute, big furry babies!!!

Missy, so glad to hear your doing so well, I'm sure everything will go smoothly for you at your antenatal appointment.

Morning to everyone else.

Mary

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good morning everyone,I hope your all well.

Anita and pink tulip, i hope your scans went well this morning.I had mine yesterday at ten.
I have @7  on each ovary.Bit cramp but feeling positive!!!!!
Anita I had A look at your clip,your house is gorg..I  had orange curtains made in dun elm in the middle of two treatments ago and when they arrived I could tell it was the drugs that made the decision and not me....I refuse to take the blame. Any way I have bought and returned many cushions trying to co ordinate and it not working well.I bought two in an after clinic visit to ikea.....ITS ON MY LETTER FROM ORIGIN TO DO IT!....... They sort of do it.I cant get rid of the curtains while DH is being cute and loving.He hates to waste money and I couldn't inflict these on an other human being.The ebay community wouldn't accept them,But the minute DH starts to show a minute of butt crack man then the make up prezzy will be new curtains.I'm doing my other room black and pink and the new sofa STILL hasn't arrived so I'm buying loads of pink and black stuff,but keeping the receipts.Imnever having anything made again,Shelf bought is safer.
This time next week its all over for us all,I do the whole magpie thing so I believe all good things come in threes.
Fingers crossed to everyone going through different stages.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Berta,

I see from your profile you have been through alot of tx, have they all been the same?? what I mean have your quantity of eggs been improving with each tx or has there been any difference?? the same with grade of embs etc etc.

Mary

·
Registered
478 Posts
Where is everyone today?????? or are you all protesting at having to relocate????

Mary

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi Mary

What has happened today? Definitely agree with you where is weeza, trishy and janners they are usually fighting for first post!!!

Missy xx

1 - 20 of 1481 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.