Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question.

I am over 8 weeks pregnant.  While I was being sick yesterday my nose started bleeding.  I never really get nose bleeds, but since then it has bled about 5 times including this morning.  Should I contact a doctor about this or is it normal??

Thank you in advance  :)

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi,

Nose bleeds in pg are totally normal due to the increased blood flow - I think the pressure makes it very easy for the little blood vessels in your nose to bleed. I had nose bleeds almost every morning in my last pg, some just odd spots, other times quite a bit.

I wouldn't worry too much unless you are having major nosebleeds every day or something  :)

S xxxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I agree with Shelley and unless it's pouring then it's pretty normal. I actually ended up in casualty then an overnight stay in hospital when I was pregnant with dd as I had one that just poured like a tap and nothing would stop it, but I was told small nose bleeds can happen during pregnancy because of all the extra blood in the body, and even more so if it is hot.

Chux xx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Ditto the other responses (oh wise ones!!)  I had a lot with my first pregnancy.

Bev xx

·
Registered
448 Posts
i only had an actual bleed once or twice but throughout this pregnancy i've had to blow my nose all the time and it's always a bit bloody in there. (yuck!!)

my gums also bleed regularly ...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies.

Makes sense when I think about it! 

Ginger has stopped working with the sickness!  Irn Bru seems to help settle my tummy a little!  Not today though!! boo:(

I feel bad for moaning, I have wanted this for so long!!

Gonna go and lie down and try and sleep it off!

Thanks again for your replies x

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Bambii just because you've wanted this for so long doesn't mean the pregnancy symptoms are going to be any easier to deal with, remember that and don't be to hard on yourself!!  :-*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts