Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been offering Jimmy finger food since he was 8 months (he's 10 months now) but so far he has put none of it in his mouth although he loves playing with it. Should I be concerned about this or is it something that will come in time? He doesn't put toys in his mouth either. He's fine with anything on a spoon that I feed him.
Collyx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Colly,

Dont have any advice as im not at that stage yet  ;D but just wanted to say my niece was exactly the same and still is and she is 20 months.

Up till about 15 months she wouldnt eat any finger foods, but she will have a few now and then only on her terms  ::) little madam  ;D If you offer it to her she's not interested but if see can see your eating something and she likes the look of it she will ask for it.

My mum was looking after her the other day and she had to strips of toast, my mum was so shocked as this is the most she has ever put in her mouth at once  ;D

I would keep offering but dont force it, it take some children longer than others and children can be so fussy

Good luck hun
Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I agree - keep offering it but don't worry if he doesn't eat it as it's as much about exploring different textures as anything else and eventually something will go in.

Chux xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts