Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have had my cycle of IVF and am on my 2WW.  Had an early Blastocyst transfered on Monday 26th May.

I could not resist and have tested today it was negative although my official test date is Thursday 5th June I dont think two or three days is going to make any difference.  I would have thought that the blastocyst would have implanted by now day 8.

Any Advice

:( :( ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
473 Posts
don't give up hope.  my nurse told me that one of her patients got a negative on day 13 and a positive on day 14.... so keep going with the positive mental attitude.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Good luck
x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI

have tested again this am still negative only still wednesday and thursday to go.

Im still confused Ive read loads of posts people say day 11 is still to early to test but day 11 is my official test day on 05/06/08 at clinic.

Had Trigger shot 19/05/08, Ec on 21/05/08 5 day early blastocyst transfer on 26/05/08 so I tested yesterday which would be day 8 past ET.

Is it still to early

·
Registered
419 Posts
^hugme^

When people say day 11 they mean post ec so if you are 8 days post et then you are 13 days post ec  ;) hope that helps and that tommorow brings a positive result for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Smith ~ welcome to the 2ww board :)

I think you are still a bit too early hun....it's certainly happened that people have got BFNs at day 13 and still gone on to get BFPs.

Really keeping everything crossed for you.....loads of luck for Thurs ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^fairydust^

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
smith16 said:
HI

have tested again this am still negative only still wednesday and thursday to go.

Im still confused Ive read loads of posts people say day 11 is still to early to test but day 11 is my official test day on 05/06/08 at clinic.

Had Trigger shot 19/05/08, Ec on 21/05/08 5 day early blastocyst transfer on 26/05/08 so I tested yesterday which would be day 8 past ET.

Is it still to early
Jellybabe said:
^hugme^

When people say day 11 they mean post ec so if you are 8 days post et then you are 13 days post ec ;) hope that helps and that tommorow brings a positive result for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^
Hi

11 days past EC.....or 11 days past a 2 or 3 day transfer can still be too early...........BUT 11 days past a blastocyst transfer (5 days) would mean the embies were 16 days old so should be able to give an accurate result.

Our clinic normally test at 14dpt for transfers, even with blastocyst !....but if blastocyst then they will say you can test earlier if you specifically speak to them about it. We had blasto transfer last time and I was due to test at 11dp5dt (so 16 days past EC) although sadly I started bleeding before test day.

Testing at 8dp5dt could still be a little early because your embies are only 13 days old and whilst implantation should've happened by now, there may still not be enough HCG hormone released from the embie(s). The thing to remember is that without enough HCG hormone released, the hpt won't be able to detect it....so this can show as a -ve result but it can change to a +ve in just a day or so because more HCG hormone being released.

I know it's easier said than done but I would honestly hold off testing until your official test day....the reasons clinics give these is because you're more likely to get accurate result....and testing early just adds unnecessary upset and anxiety to an already stressful 2ww.

Good luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

The cyclogest can cause all manner of side effects and symptoms.....but fingers crossed it's a good sign !

Good luck
Natasha

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I'm really sorry Penny hun ^Cuddle^

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
So sorry Penny ^hugme^

Take care of yourself & DH

Natasha

·
Registered
80 Posts
So sorry, feel like crying reading that! Its such a horrible time isnt it?
Stay strong luv, u've got loads of women here in the same boat, and thinking of u!!
xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts