Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter

I would be very grateful if you could enlighten me on what may happen to my current treatment cycle. This might be long but I'll try and mention every relevant detail!

After injecting buserelin for 14 days I went for my query scan. I hadn't had any bleeding. The Dr found a cyst (one large, one small) on either ovary and my uterine lining was still fairly thick. My blood tests also indicated that I wasn't suppressed - due (I imagine) to the cysts.

I was told to double my dose of buserelin and come back in one week for another scan and to expect some bleeding within the next few days. If the cysts are still there they will be aspirated.

I have been injecting a double dose now for 4 days and still no bleeding. I think the cysts are still there and so obviously is the uterine lining.

What I'd like to know is what will happen if the lining remains there, even if they aspirate the cysts? Will I be able to continue with treatment or will this cycle be abandoned?

Incidently I did the same protocol with the same drugs last year (which resulted in an ectopic) and had none of these problems. But when I started my 2nd cycle 3 months ago the buserelin gave me a cyst. I cancelled that cycle because I decided to have a hydrosalpinx tube removed before treatment. The other tube was removed with the ectopic. Do you think this surgery has had an effect on my ovaries? My diagnosis is tubal and I have no history of PCO or ovarian cysts.

Do you think a different supressing drug or protocol would be the solution and how soon do you think I would be allowed to start this?

I'm sorry this is long, but I've been trying to start another IVF cycle since July and cannot even get passed the first hurdle!

Thanks in advance...

Betty

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

betty said:
Dear Peter

I would be very grateful if you could enlighten me on what may happen to my current treatment cycle. This might be long but I'll try and mention every relevant detail!

I'll try!

After injecting buserelin for 14 days I went for my query scan.

Any particular reason why injecting? Sniffing is much more common and just as efective.

I hadn't had any bleeding. The Dr found a cyst (one large, one small) on either ovary and my uterine lining was still fairly thick. My blood tests also indicated that I wasn't suppressed - due (I imagine) to the cysts.

Sounds a reasonable assumption

I was told to double my dose of buserelin and come back in one week for another scan and to expect some bleeding within the next few days. If the cysts are still there they will be aspirated.

Good advice

I have been injecting a double dose now for 4 days and still no bleeding. I think the cysts are still there and so obviously is the uterine lining.

What I'd like to know is what will happen if the lining remains there, even if they aspirate the cysts? Will I be able to continue with treatment or will this cycle be abandoned?

It will probably be best to abandon the cycle although this decision can only be reached by those treating you.

Incidently I did the same protocol with the same drugs last year (which resulted in an ectopic) and had none of these problems.

This illustrates nicely how each cycle is different and how it is impossible to predict responses.

But when I started my 2nd cycle 3 months ago the buserelin gave me a cyst. I cancelled that cycle because I decided to have a hydrosalpinx tube removed before treatment. The other tube was removed with the ectopic. Do you think this surgery has had an effect on my ovaries?

It should not affect the functioning of the ovaries

My diagnosis is tubal and I have no history of PCO or ovarian cysts.

Do you think a different supressing drug or protocol would be the solution and how soon do you think I would be allowed to start this?

You might try sniffing and it is always a good idea to take about one month off to let things settle.

Hope this helps!

Peter

I'm sorry this is long, but I've been trying to start another IVF cycle since July and cannot even get passed the first hurdle!

Thanks in advance...

Betty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the very quick reply Peter!

I decided not to sniff because I probably wouldn't remember to do it throughout the day (I don't really have a routine every day) and - most importantly - I have allergic rhinitis. I thought sniffing might make it worse or wouldn't work because my nose is constantly blocked! And I've just rememberd that (I think I heard someone else mention this) that my clinic no longer offers the sniffing option. Luckily I'm not needle-phobic at all.

Betty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.