Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi ladies,
I am going to join you on your November wait! I'm due to take my test at the end of the week. I think I'm going to just do the blood test rather than stick test this time. It will be my third time.
I am feeling pretty rotten on all these hormones! What about everyone else? I am with a different clinic this time so a different lot of hormones. I don't know what's normal and what's not, can anyone advise? Im not sleeping well, feel bloated and uncomfortable in my uterus during the night especially. The feeling is similar to a heavy period for me so I am presuming it the oestrogen I'm on keeping my lining thick. However a small part of me is worried I am overreacting to drugs.
For the couple of days post transfer I felt pretty bad and since then I've felt pretty ok other than this accumulation of bloating and period like feeling. I can't help think that the bad couple of days post transfer was my body saying 'hey what the hell is this youve put in me? Have that back!' then my body's felt better after ridding it. Now I just feel like I'm pumped full of hormones for no reason and I can't wait to get off them. I know that's a defeatest negative attitude but my body is having a crap time! As I'm sure a lot of people can appreciate!
Wishing everyone lots of luck x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Tiggs and Pucca and fingers crossed for everyone!
I just can't sleep properly and am very easily enraged by anything stupid hubby does like eat my Cadbury dime bar and not replace it! This is the first time I've felt really hormonal in a ragey way! I'm keeping a lid on it as much as I can and telling myself bits just the copious amounts of hormones!
Generally I feel bloated and have feelings in my uterus like twangs when I'm active. I cant read anything into it so just have to distract myself.
Same as you pucca I'm thinking ahead already, as always, to the next round and when I might feel ok for it. Jan /Feb hopefully.
What is your advice from clinics for test day? Mine is to just arrange a prg and HCG test on the test day. Not necc to have a stick test.  I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow and hoping they can book me in on the NHS to do this (private IVF) for Friday but I'm not sure even if they'll agree, or have an appointment for that day! Then it's the wknd and I sure as hell can't wait until Monday, partic as my clinic want to advise on any change of meds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pucca I'm thinking of you on your test day and wishing you well either way the dice rolls. Thanks for the info on advice from your clinic re tests, that helps confirm what I need to do as my advice from the clinic seemed contradictory. I saw my doctor this morning and they, probably predictably,won't give me tests for HCG and prg. I may have had some luck seeing my usual doctor as she's been really supportive. So now I'll have to seek private blood tests, more money, hey ho!
My test day is Friday. To distract myself, during the day at work it's not a problem as I'm busy doing lots of different practical things. In the evening I give it some attention to make sure I'm not messing anything up, look on FF , maybe Google something re fertility , then I'm busy cooking, cleaning or home yoga, then Tele then bed! I think I'm good at blocking out thoughts, which can be to my detriment. I'll be a mess Friday I'm sure
X

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome positivevibes!
Pucca new symptoms is an interesting addition  ;D you never know! Change sounds good from my perspective if you haven't changed meds but what do I know. I recon I will start to unravel in the days before test day. It's a long old week!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh pucca I'm sorry to hear that. I really feel for you. Have a good cry and then some, then make sure you plan something fun for you and your closest to do. Xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.