Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies I was wondering if someone could give me some info re Nuchal results.

Mine came back at low risk( 1-1666) with NT, bloods and nasal bone. However, my weight was recorded 10lbs lighter than I actually was....does anyone know how significantly this would throw off my results?
Thanks!
xxxA

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Alexine

They don't put your weight into the calculation at all - only your age.

Congrats on everything being good and  ^reiki^  for the rest of your pregnancy.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karenanna for replying...I should have probably been more clear. I had a quad test which includes nasal bone, nuchal fold, bloods, and scan. Your weight is taken into consideration determine your blood serum results.....

Congrats on your twins! :)

xxxA

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Alexine

I wouldn't have thought that a small weight discrepancy would affect the results that much - they are good so even a slight adjustment still makes it a good result  :)  Congratulations and try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy  :-*

Fluffs xxx 

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fluffs...you are probably right but the extra 10lbs does effect my serum ratio which is what helped put me in low risk category...anyway too late now to re do the testing.
Feeling anxious that I'm in for another surprise......
xxxA

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Alexine

Try not to worry - I don't think your weight will make a significant difference. When I read up on this before it definitely said that weight does not have a significant impact on the prevalence of Down's. However the hospital just uses a formula to calculate all of the risks - for peace of mind I am sure you could ring them and point out the inaccuracy in weight and ask them to put the values in the computer to get a different reading.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Girls,

Interesting info re weight and nuchal results.... Actually being 10 lbs heavier than recorded, reduced my DS risk from 1- 1666 to 1- 1923 and my Tri 13/18 from 1- 2419 to 1- 3566.
So, a significant change but thankfully in a positive direction! :)...think it's important to get your weight right before these tests!
In a nutshell the bigger you are the more blood you have which effects the maternal blood ratio that is used to calculate your risk...

Thanks for taking the time to reply...much appreciated!

xxA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.