Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i was woondering if you could help me ive just found out my blood group and got told it could be a problem for a pregnancy :eek:
was wondering if anyone on here has the same but has carried or carrying a pregnancy and if so what is involved with this blood group ect
hope you can help me cause i will be starting ivf this year and would like to have a understanding of it thanks xx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Zoie,

I too have O negotive blood and I am 13w+2d pregnant at the moment through IVF treatment... I asked my GP re this and was told that after the 12th week they do all sorts of blood tests and then if you do have O negotive blood they give you some sort of injection, from what i uderstood it only poses danger if you have had a miscarrige...

I have not had my blood tests yet as my MW is far too busy at the moment and i can't be fitted in untill 27th May so thats when they'll do tests etc and i should know more.

But so far my PG has been absolutely fine (well, apart from morning sickness and strange pains and now water infection).

Hope this helps. A+A. x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
If you are rhesus negative you have Anti D injections, but not sure at what exact stage thou as I'm +.  If you know what group your DH is if he is negative too then don't think it matters as much as baby will be negative too,

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hi

I am rhesus negative, you have an anti D injection at 28wks, 34wks and after birth, you will also have it before those if you have a sensitising event.

I fell off a chair at 12wks and had an anti D injection then, each injection lasts up to 6wks.

The injection is not harmful to your baby, trust me I went over this numerous times with my consultant.  It acts a mop, if your baby has bled it coats babies blood cells so your body does not form anti bodies against it.

I am blood group A, not sure why it would differ for O, its more to do with your rhesus status.

But like clare said, if your DH is also negative, then its not a problem and you won't need the injections, but they still might offer them  ^idiot^.

Take care
TQ.xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I am also rhesus negative and it just means you have the Anti D injections during the pregnancy.  You have them routinely at 28 and 34 weeks and also if you have a bleed during the pregnancy.

x x x

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the advice :)
im booking dh in for a blood test so we know before our first ivf apointment!
that way we get more info instead of waiting for them to do there  tests!! and it taking longer ::)
glad all is going well with the pregnancys  :) and a special hello to scooby as she was on the iui thread with me xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Zoie

There isn't a rush to be honest, I only found out that I was rhesus negative after I had a m/c and got the injection then.  It is something that they check in your routine bloods at 12 weeks.

If you do want to know it might be worth asking your GP to do a blood test for you  :)

x x x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts