Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls for October  :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Girls,

Hope you all had a good weekend and are o.k?  It is very quiet on here... :p

Juel & Dawn - More Gardeners World fans...but what happened on Friday!  No programme.

My dh has gone to Devon to stay with his mum for a week.  He is going sailing and on long walks.  I am just not up for it, so decided to give it a miss!  ??? My parents are coming to stay with me until Friday as I am not feeling to well, :'( so may not be able to get on much until the weekend. 

My weekend was good, went for coffee with shopping with my step mil on Saturday.  Yesterday, saw dh off, then made some more cards.

Laine x

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dear Laine,

Oh sweetheart, I can imagine what you are really like at the moment and that worries me. I am beginning to get to know you better and when you post a post like that, it tells me you are feeling at rock bottom. Take the time out whilst Adam is away to cuddle yourself up, enjoy some quality time with your Mum and Dad and put no pressures upon  yourself. Do something really wacky, which may even mean spending the day in bed, or going to do something which you think is totally crazy, but make sure you do something which will help you through the dark cloud you are in at the moment. Even a game of monopoly and winning could just make you laugh???? ;D Whatever you decide, dont forget, we love you very much and you are very precious to us all. I cant wave a magic wand for you, but I am there anytime including whilst I am in Dubai. IM me your number and I will call you. (I forgot to bring my FF notebook with me which has your number in).

Chin up mate!

Love Dawn xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
105 Posts
Daer Laine
Just wanted to say thinking of you lots & sending  ^Cuddle^
Love Dollyzx xx

·
Registered
665 Posts
Me here Dawn ;D ;D.....but i think you should be somewhere else ;) ;D......love having you here & all but..... ;D
LUV
juels xx

Only popped on quickly tonight so will post properly when i have more time.....hope everyone is doing ok :-*

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi Juels

Did they not tell you where they were going?? ;D

Was it something we said?

I know i am not meant to be here really (well for the time being anyway) but I do like to check on my mates but I think they have taken a holiday and not told us!

Cant wait for you to post your gossip then Juel. We could start our own Juel and Dawn thread! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lots of love,

Dawn x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Girls

Sorry I have been a bit quiet have had a few problems with work.

Laine so sorry that you are going through the mill again, I know how it feels I am fighting it every day.

Juel so sorry about your prang in the car at least it was the car and not you.

Mojo I hope things are starting to get better for you now and i hope you find some measure of peace.

Dawn I am pleased that you are going through it again.

Sorry if I have missed everyone else it's just a quickie before I go to work.

Take care

Love Bel x

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hey Dawn......we have a mate ;D ;D..........I'm grabbin her ;) ;D......

....Hiya Bel  :) :)......sorry you're havin probs at work  :( hope you get it all sorted & are a happy bunny soon :-*

Well Dawn..... i love seeing you over here AS LONG AS IT'S ONLY VISITING ;) ;D....how's your holibob going or are you back? :p...i loose track you know what I'm like ^confused^. How are you feeling generally mate...OK i hope :-*

Laine  how you coping without DH? hope you're not too lonely...bet your Mom&Dad are keeping you busy though eeh?...kisses being sent your way :-*

Nothing exciting going on in Juelsy land.....painted our new shed today.....how exciting is that ::) bet you're dead jealous eeh!!

Dave has "manflu"....the sniffles to us ::).....God he's a misery when he doesn't feel well ^smash^.....i've cooked him a lamb stew today to keep him happy.....didn't work though he's still a misery **** ??? ;D....bless him!!

Well thats about it for me today.......where is everyone? ???....Hope you're all ok :-*

luv n hugs
juels  ^bunny^ xxxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Girls,

Just a quickie as I am off to a candle party tonight - just love candles but my money doesn't! :p

Anyway I am recovering from another bxxxxxy migraine  ^smash^and feel hungover after my tab but can't let my mate down.

Will catch up more tomorrow.

Love Laine xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Girls,

Oh well, it looks like it is just me posting ....where is everyone? :-\

Had a great time with my parents this week.  We did lots together and I was sad to see them go home.  Anyway, dh is on his way home and should get here soon.  I have really missed him lots.

The candle party was good and I couldn't resist ordering some raspberry & thyme scented votives.  Just love candles. :p

Will be busy packing this weekend as we are off to Spain for a week on Tuesday.  We are taking my dad with us too so that should be fun.

Laine x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hola chicas!

Yes, the board has been quiet.  That's people like me who are only reading and not posting! 
It's good to hear that you're back on your feet feeling a bit cheerier these days.  Quite envious of your trip to Spain.  Where, in particular, are you going?

Had a fairly stressful week at work  - 3 fairly major incidents with pupils and then as if my "annus horribilis" isn't horrible enough, our head teacher announced that we are to be inspected by HMI!  (That's Ofsted equivalent to you south of the border!). Oh, well!  That's three horrible things - they usually come in three's don't they?  So that'll be me off the hook for the rest of the year!

On the bright side though, it will give me something to concentrate on.  However, with the paperwork to do I don't think I'll manage a holiday for the Oct hols.  Roll on Christmas!

Hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Mojo

·
Registered
949 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time of it Mojo. Hope that this week gets a wee bit better for you!

Bel.... Hope you are coping ok Hun? Life always seems to knock us even further just after everything else has come tumbling down. Thinking of you and hoping things can get a bit better at work for you too!

Juel... So you have your nurse maid outfit on erh? The things men will do to get us to dress up! ^roflmao^ Hope you are ok sweetie.

So what happened to everyone else.... did they abandon ship or something/ Hope you are ok anyway!

Love Dawn x

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hiya possums – hope you are all well?  Blimey, it is quiet here isn’t it??  Mind you, I haven’t been around myself much.  Ever feel like life is going at 200 miles an hour??? – that’s me at the moment !!  Can’t decide whether I like it or not as weeks go quick, but do so weekends  ::)

Hope you don’t mind a gate crasher Dawn and Juel (actually, I wrote great casher first time – see what I mean???:p  :p

I’m busy trying to negotiate a new job at the moment.  Blimey, its hard work  :-[ – I’m struggling as I really am at the top of my level with nowhere to head!  Have been so frustrated I even considered stacking shelves at a supermarket (don’t laugh).  I know, it’s not me at all, but that’s the state I’ve got into.  :-\

How hum – life goes on and yet again it’s Monday – boo!!  :mad:

Hope you had a great weekend all xxxx

Love Nicky xxxxxx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all.

I've just got back from a long weekend in London - managed to tie it in to a work visit, so all expenses paid - yippee! The only 'down side' was that I had to sort out the garden at the new company flat. Seeing as how I find a good hack at a garden somewhat therapeutic (mm, that sounds a bit worrying) it wasn't exactly a problem. 15 bags of rubbish! Add that to a huge Oxford Street shopping trip picking up 'stuff' for the flat, when I wasn't picking up the bill, and I felt on top of the world! ;D

My husband came with me, and seemed surprised when I told him that I wasn't prepared to just stay friends with him - it's a partnership or its nothing. Is he really so thoughtless that he just assumes I will hang around and not find him getting on with his life (and no doubt finding someone else) a bit of a problem? Men!

Laine - hope you have a good holiday. Where are you going? I haven't been abroad for four years - I am desperate for some sun!

Mojo - my parents were both teachers so I know exactly what an inspection means. Yuk! When is it happening? What do you teach? My mum taught in a primary school - so she was a bit of everything, and dad taught maths and sport at secondary. My total disinterest in anything sporty was a bit of a disappointment to him, I think! I'm doing ok now with going to the gym. I have now managed to redeem myself!

Bel - hope things are a bit better at work now. What do you do?

Juel - what colour did you paint your shed? I painted all my fence panels green a couple of years ago - by the time I was done I never wanted to see a pot of green paint again! I had to redo a couple of panels this year as my neighbours replaced some that had come down in a storm. Two minutes in and I remembered exactly that 'I hate painting fences' feeling. At least it wasn't trellis this time - that takes forever and you end up covered in paint trying to get in all the nooks and crannies!

Dawn - are you back from Dubai yet? It sounds like you were having a lovely time.

Nicky - I know what you mean about shelf stacking - I got so stressed at work that an advert for vacancies at MacDonalds looked appealing! My life is also going really fast, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere at all, other than closer to the nut-house! ^confused^

Better go. So much work, so little enthusiasm!

Love Katie x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Girls

Well that's Monday over - another day, another dollar!

Really impressed by you gals who can remember to mention everyone individually!  Must apply myself more.  (And re-reading my posts must stop sounding so whiney and such a dirge all the time.  Generally I'm not like that).

Katie Louise, I teach French and Spanish.  That's why I'm so envious of Laine going off to Spain.  I spent two years in Spain and just love it.  My last trip to Spain was to Barcelona at Easter with H when we had a wonderful time together.  I'm sure it was the IF thing that got to him between that visit and him deciding our marriage was over in June.  Ten days before our first IF appointment.  He denies it but I don't believe him.  Katie Louise, you were very brave to talk to your husband and tell him what you are feeling.  Well done!  I really hope that he sees sense and gives your marriage another go.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.  When life is busy, that means I don't think, which is good! The weather's been lovely too and the autumn colours glorious. 

Who cares if my H is looking for a sum of money equivalent to a small country's national debt which will leave me stoney broke?  It's only money ...... and I'm sure you'll all email me in the debtor's jail!!

Enjoy your week!

Mojo

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Girls
Is it OK if we join you?
As you may or may not know, we've decided to stop tx for now, we may consider adoption or fostering in the future but not at the moment and if I am honest, I think it is a great idea but one I don't think is really 100% right for me.
I think DP and I are both saying it to stop the other getting upset when really we both know that we are living child free from now on.

We've both got friends with children we we play an active role with and thats great, never the same as yor own child but at least we can get piddled now without responsibility!

It's been quite hard over the past few months, we've had various info from the gynae, we've had options and out of desperation, I've taken them without realising the consequences.

It has been a horrible decision to have to make, not one I really wanted to make. I had to listen to the people closest to me, my  mum has told me in the past to give up, my friends have said look don't you think it is time to give up and now DP has said his piece and so has my great GP, so as much as I hate giving up, it is the right thing to do, I know in my heart of hearts it is the right thing for me to do and hopefully now I can move on from the last 4 years.

Of course I will never ever forget the heartache and the turmoil of the last few years but at least I will never dread AF coming and never be disappointed when I fail to respond to drugs.

The rollercoaster has had major up's and down's, I've never cried so much in my life as I have over the last 4 years but I've also had brilliant treatment fom my gynae and we've hjad some great laughs about the internal scans, injections and baby names.

Maybe now DP will let me have a kitten or a dog.... somehow I doubt it but I can live in hope.

DP has priomised me a major drinking session on Saturday, I've hardly touched alcohol in years and I am really looking forward to it, we can get in and wake everyone up (well the cats and 2 hamsters!)

Chick

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hiya ladies,

Laine.... Hope you're having a lovely holibob  ^sunny^ ^holiday^ 8) ^afro^.....can't wait to hear all about it :)

Nicky.....Hope you're feeling better darlin  ^Cuddle^.....any news on the job front?

Katie....London sounded a good weekend,even better when charged to work eeh!! ;).....hope things get better on the H front  ^Cuddle^
As for the s hed...yep,GREEN ::) ::).....i did the fence panels last year & hated green by the end of it but the paintpot had to see daylight again :(.......so green is definately  ^censored^ ^twitch^ ^twitch^ ;D

Mojo.......hope you're ok,so sorry to hear H is playing up :mad:....i hope you get things sorted ^Cuddle^

Last but certainly not least;

Chick........welcome to our thread...sorry you're here  ^Cuddle^  but welcome..i hope we can hold your hand & make your future easier xx
I can totally relate to your feelings of the last 4yrs,the path of IF is a really tough one but in time you will not get so upset when AF arrives etc & will see that there is a bright future ahead.

Saying that i am feeling much better these days (it's been  9 months since we came to our decision & have been having fun since) but i've had a really wobbely week this week :(....it started when i heard of a friend who was accepting life child free like us & had lots in common with us is now p/g.......i'm really pleased for them but i feel that i'm being left behind again. :'(
I feel comfortable when i'm with peeps who understand how we are feeling & are in a similar position & yet another one of these couples has now moved to where i wish we were.....p/g & looking forward to becoming a mommy :'(........i'm sorry that sounds really selfish but i feel like i've  been knocked back a few paces & i feel awful for feeling like this....i thought i'd left these feelings beind......i guess i'm not as over our IF as i thought i was :(....i'm sure i'll be ok again in a few days but at the mo i'm hurting like hell.

Sorry for having a negative day ladies...i promise i'll be back in a better frame of mind next time but telling you all has made me feel better.

Hope everyone is ok,
luv n hugs
juels xx  ^bunny^

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.