Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls...lots of luck & love to you all xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi everyone
OCTOBER GIRLIES ^banana^ at last a home! now we can all join together , I couldnt quite work out where you all were???? Now ive read all 3 threads and now im feeling much more positive  ^banana^.
Anyway you all seem to be having acupuncture , am i the only one not in the know!!!!!!!!  Ladies tell me everythingggggggg !!
I dont start down reg till 18th October for 2nd attempt FET!
Have i left it to late???

love lisa
GOOD LUCK &  ^fairydust^ TO US ALL . XX

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi October Girlies  ^wave^

I hope you don't mind if I join the gang!  I was posting on other threads, but due to one delay or another, I'm hoping to start stims (again!) in a week or so depending on how my scan goes next Wednesday.

Lisa Lou - if it's any help, I'm not having acupuncture either
- it it worth doing?  My fingers are crossed for your FET.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wishing you all the very best of luck  ^goodluck^ ^fairydust^

Minty  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Lisa lou
Another Hammersmith Girlie! Fantastic!  There's a thread on ICSI at the Hammersmith!  I'm downregging the same week as you, but going for ICSI, so we'll no doubt see each other around!
LOL
Caroline xx  ;D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Opps! made a mistake on the web address that has some info and research data on acupuncture on the previous thread, it should be

www.zitawest.com

Hope you are all feeling fit, well and positive!

Ambar x

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi all,

Hope you don't mind if i join in.  Due to start first ICSI Oct/NOv.  Having down-reg injection on 19th October.  It will be nice to chat to people all going through same thing!!
Love
Kelly
x

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi girls

I will start downregging for my 1st ICSI on 18th October too. Only just found out for sure today so my head is swimming a bit.

Good luck to you all - let's keep each other sane and thinking  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I had acupuncture earlier this year for about 4 months but have now switched to hypnotherapy!

Not much happening for me til our info session on 13th Oct but I'll keep popping in to see how you are all doing.

Nicky x

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Girlies,

At last a real home.

I start downregging next week hopefully as long as af arrives on time ::).

Lisa Lou & Minty here is a link to info on acupuncture with ivf http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1933901.stm

I don't know if any of you have read my post on positive knickers but I've managed to get 3 pairs so far so the search is on to see how many more i can buy ;D.

I'll keep you posted. Hope you are all well.

Debs x x

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did anyone see the article in the Times on Tuesday, on the ARGC latest research?  Made very interesting reading - basically screening embryos for genetic abnormalities before ET as ones which appear OK on the surface can often be NOT! (unfortunately like everything else, the tests are £2000!!) But Mr Taranassi (known as Mr T to the girls on the ARGC thread) believes that this test more than doubles your chances of implantation and half's the risk of miscarriage... My Dh says if we fail this time we might consider transfer to ARGC! (For a loyal NHS doctor, that's quite a breakthrough for him!)

Also mentioned to him about Acupuncture, and he said I can "do what I like before ET"! and if it calms me down a bit then he's all for it.  8) SO who's in London and having AC and where would you recommend?  I've checked out Zita West's web site and I think her prices reflect her placement right beside Harley Street!   :eek: Anyone got any other recommendations?

LOL Caroline xx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Caroline,

I live near Bromley and the costs of mine are 1st consultation £40 & £35 per session thereafter.  Not sure where in London you are but as you are at Hammersmith Hospital i think it might be a bit out of your way.

^goodluck^ on your search.

Anyone else getting really excited about actually doing something rather than waiting  :( and talking about it  ^gossip^

hug for everyone ^Cuddle^

Debs

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello  ^wave^

I was going to join you on this board ... I have left messages on some of the other threads. I thought we were going to start on the 11 October for our first ICIS cycle but we are going to have to delay.

I'm a bit emotional at the moment ... I can't believe this has happened when we were so close.  Sorry if it all sounds a bit dramatic but its been such a rollercoaster ...  all the tests and then I had to lose weight before we could start.  I have done and its taken 10 months.  Had my FSH blood test and the level has gone down from a 11.5 to 8 ... which is brill. 

I accidently had another rubella blood test (yes, by accident as my GP ticked it on the blood test form but it wasn't needed!!) and I now do not have enough antibodies .... it was fine last November but know it is not.  I always thought it was a yes or no thing ... you have either had the jab or not.

I have to have a rubella jab (MMR  ^scared^  if on the NHS ... as I don't want anymore drugs than I need to have, we will probably go private)  ... and you can't get pregnant within three months of having this ... I'm devastated ... its just one thing after another.

Thanks for listening.

Wish you all the very best luck in the world.

Karen x      ^fairydust^

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helloooo

Can I join in?

This is the first time i have visited for a while as we have had 18 months out of IVF, but we have decided that is about time we had another go.

Due to have scan Wed 6/10 and hopefully down reg injections then on. EC 18/10 if all goes to plan, never does though does it!!

I joined this site when i had my first treatment and found it a great help with the emotional side of the treatment,not only getting a huge amount of support but giving it too, helps to remind me that I'm not the only one!

Really looking forward to getting to know all you guys and hearing of all the big fat ^reiki^ we are going to get! ;)

Bye for now
Tinaxx ^sunny^

·
Registered
79 Posts
Afternoon everyone

Had my scan yesterday, my cyst has come back on my right ovary but they think it should not be a problem and will aspirate it again on EC.  So I have started sniffing, its really happening again, wow :)
DH is working out how to avoid me in the next  2weeks (downreggin has never bought out my placid side), as soon as I start injecting I feel soooooo much better & so does he!

Caroline - I know zita west is v. expensive but I thought the research info might help, I see my AC (thank goodness he hasn't had any publicity and keeps his prices reasonable) in Brighton but will check with another ivf friend who has seen an amazing chinese lady in London and is now 7 month PG. (She had the PGD testing at the Lister)

Karen - How unfair is that, but at least they have made sure you will be protected when you start in January. I do understand how devastating it is, you have worked so hard to get to this point and to have a set back is gutting, but at least its only a minor reason for the delay.  Enjoy Christmas with DH and focus on the new year.

Debs hope you enjoy your AC tomorrow, go get those knickers, I've even started looking out for them, what have you started  ;D

Hello to Tina,  Nicky, Kelly, Lisa Lou, & Minty , hope you are all well, feeling positive and keeping healthy ^Exercise!2^

Have a good weekend.

Ambar x

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi girlies

I am due to start down reg in about 2 weeks with an injection.  Not sure what to expect really, does anyone know the differnce between this and sniffing??  There is also about 4 weeks between downreg and e/c, is this normal??  I think my clinic like to prolong matters as they also put everyone on contraceptive pill a few weeks before down-reg!!  (is this normal or a backward westcountry thing!!?? It feels a bit crazy going back on the pill).
I am thinking of a/c, is it safe through the whole cycle incl 2ww??
Hope everyone well and trying to chill out!!  I exploded this morning and gave DH grief (he thinks i am little crazy!!  He should wait till i down-reg and then i think he will see crazy!!).  I am feeling much calmer, i think it has been building up over the last couple of weeks, i guess it all has to come out at some point. At least it is fri now so can get down to serious vegging out!!
Have nice weekend all,
Love
Kelly
x

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Kelly :)

I was also on the pill for 20 days until yesterday when I had my scan and was allowed to start sniffing, its a way that they can regulate your hormones before you start.  Sorry always sniffed but the injections  do the same thing, and are much easier (if you don't mind needles) because its once a day where I have to sniff 7am, 3pm & 11pm which is a real pain! I had a bottle left over from my last cycle otherwise I would have gone for the injections. I am at the Lister in London and for me ec is usually about 4 weeks from the start of downreggin Hope this helps, oh yes and the ac can be done up until et.

Take care
Ambar x

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi girls,

Ok I'm on the countdown now af is due this week  ^clapping^ never been so eager for it to start  ;D then i start downreging and it's all go from there  ^banana^

Karen-Sorry to hear you are being delayed but i suppose it's best to be safe.  Good luck for when you do start  ^goodluck^ x

Ambar-Congratulations on starting sniffing hope all goes to plan  ^spot^

Going for my 1st ac today and really looking forward to it.  Might wear orange knickers. I'll let you all know how it goes when i get back.

^monkey^ ^monkey^ ^monkey^

No reason for the monkey just like it.

Debs x x

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi ya october girlies,
Can i join you please?
I started taking the pill last monday and i'm due to start down reg on the 13th.
I'm doing egg share this time.
I'm so glad i've found this site  ^jumpin^  It's been really helpful, and i'm happy i can go through this treatment with others that know how it all feels.
^goodluck^ to everyone.
Kia.x

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hiya October Girlies!

Glad to have some people to chat to! I started taking the pill last Thursday (Kelly - I know what you mean about it being weird going back on the pill!!) and then I start sniffing on 14th October.

Ambar - I have to sniff at 7am, 3pm & 11pm too. How do you remember to do it at the exact times? I'm terrified of forgetting of or being in a meeting or something - any tips?

And I really don't know what to expect when I start down-regging - will I turn into crazy mad woman?  ^furios^
DH is a bit apprehensive about everything but it is our first time at this ICSI thing.

Good luck to everyone and happy chatting over the next few weeks,

Lots of love,

Hannah xxx ^daisy^

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hello October Girlies,

Just to let you know how my ac went. 

Well I'm not sure  :- .  I think i was too tense at the beginning then just starting to relax and it was over  ??? .  I'm going again on Wednesday hopefully now i know what to expect I'll relax a bit sooner.

Question for the others that are having ac.  Where are your needles being put?  I had one each above & below my bellybutton and one off to the right of the lower belly one then one in each foot & wrist.

Ambar - How is sniffing going for you?  Hope you are well.

Take care all

Debs x

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi All

Well I'm still waiting for AF to arrive. It should be any day now. I don't have to do that going on the pill thing. That would really annoy me  - so loads to love and patience to those on the pill. Not sure why the JR don't do this  - but have  got blocked tubes so not much hope.

Hannah -  the second IVF cycle I had I had to sniff three times a day  (first time was only twice) - so DH bought me a watch with 2 alarms on it. I was obsessive about sniff on time  - and once ran out of a meeting to sniff. I was back in less then 5 minutes but I think it confirmed to every one that I was totally mad.  ;D

^Cuddle^ and patience to all

hels

1 - 20 of 1768 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.