Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth
I wonder if you can help me?
This is all quite old information but my doctors have only just told me  :mad: I had an ectopic and the right side ruptured and removed, the left tube is scarred and blocked with a hydrosalpinx (which I am trying to get them to remove) anyway noone seemed to be able to find my right ovary so my GP went back through my notes and found that the ovaries had been looked at but the right one is much smaller than the left ...the right one is 20x12x15mm and the left one 27x19x26mm.
I had poor response last time I did IVF (only 5 follies) and was wondering if you have any idea what has caused the ovary to be this small and is it likely to produce any eggs?
I have never been told what caused my problems...just told I must of had an infection at some point but was screened for chlamydia (which was clear) any ideas?
Dydie

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It isn't unusual for ovaries to be different sizes and it doesn't mean the small one won't respond to drugs, just that there is less ovarian tissue to respond. It may just be that the ovary did not develop as the other one did as you grew up, though I am unsure of the reason as to why this would happen.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ruth
You have put my mind at rest, I did have loads of infections as a little girl, grew up pretty much constantly with cystitis so maybe the damage to the ovary could have been caused by the same infection that caused the tube damage, anyway thanks again
Dydie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.