Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone tell me what a reasonable level of oestrodiol should be to conceive. Mine last month was 98. And what are the implications of this level. I had mine taken on day 2 of my cycle. I know that FSH and LH should be below 10 for our hospital to go ahead.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Oestrodiol levels will vary during a cycle. A level of 98 at beginning of cycle is fine and it will then rise the closer to ovulation you get.

Ruth

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh thanks very much Ruth. I was getting a little concerned because I was reading on the internet that it should be below 75 at the beginning of a cycle and that if it was above then there could be a problem with the quality and quantity of eggs. (less being released as the years go on, I'm 38 now)

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Filo,

My RE in the US likes to see E2 below about 50 on day 2. BUT this is US measurements which is, I suspect, what you've seen on the internet.  The equivalent UK measurement would be I believe, approx. 150ish in which case you are fine.

If the E2 level is too high he said it can suppress the FSH level and give a falsely low/inaccurate reading.  That is why they like to measure FSH and E2 on day 2 or 3 before starting a cycle.  It gives them an idea of how you may respond to
stimulation.  However, age is the biggest factor then FSH.  A low FSH is a good thing, but as we get older our eggs age regardless of whether we still have low FSH or not.

Daisy
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts