Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all in betweenies!

I've had my 2nd BFN on 3rd of May :(

Have just been to chat with my consultant and he suggested going on the pill for a month prior to our next cycle to lower my oestrogen levels and have follicular aspiration prior to stimulation to further reduce excess follicles due to PCOs. I thought I might get away with a pain free cyle this time due to having two frosties but what we hadn't thought about was building a little reserve while we're young for the future years and doing another fresh cyle now while there are no ankle biters around not allowing a restful 2ww!!

I am looking for any advise in helping lower oestrogen levels on top of the pill, I have read about healthy diet. Any thoughts on a vitamin B complex supplement?
Thanks in advance!!
Saggy

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hi Saggy,

I have also been told after 2 -ve ICSI's and a -ve F.E.T that I will be going on the pill for a month prior to next go as on both fresh cycles my oestrogen level took 3 months to come down :eek:, just hoping it will work? ::)

I tried bran at the end of Down regulating on my 2nd go and my levels did come down but they could of come down naturally? guess I'll never know, but I will have a high fibre diet next go in Sept/Oct, I sprinkled bran on every evening meal for about a week. Worth a go? ;)

I've not heard about the vit-B complex, interesting? but I also found in the Zita West book that brocolli and a few other veggy's etc help?

Wishing you lots of luck, I'm off to Thailand on Thursday for a nice brake before we go again.

Love poppins x

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Saggy,

So sorry to hear about your BFN - me too (30 June).  My oestrogen level was high the month before the last cycle, so I spent the next 4 weeks increasing dietary fibre (pulses,beans, brown rice, fruit, flax seeds, broccoli, cabbage, cauli etc), reduced saturated fats and cut down on meat dairy produce.  Zita West also recommends alfalfa sprouts, linseeds, oats and cherries, and to take regular exercise.  I also went to a health food store and a very helpful assistant recommended vitamin B complex and L-Methionine for reducing oestrogen levels. 

My level did come down so that we could start the cycle the following month (although I didn't start taking the vitamins until just a week before that so don't know how much they helped).  We hope to cycle again in August, so I am making sure I'm back on the diet now, as important to start as soon as poss of course.

Anyway, hope this has helped and fingers crossed for BFPs in the near future for us all!

BH x

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello

I've been reading this thread with interest and will certainly look at these dietary changes recommended.  When people say 'high' levels, what figure is classed as high?

thanks and all luck to you

Anon

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Anon,

Can't remember exactly but think it was something like 350 on day 2.

BH

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know what there levels was oestradiol levels because mine are very high i have been trying V b complex i hope they drop or they said they cant treat me i think different clinics except different levels can anyone recommend anywhere.

has anyone had success with high levels to start with.

my LH 3.9 FSH 6.4                            oestradiol -above 400
i have read that high oestradiol can give a false reading of fsh so that might not evev be good
if anyone can please

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am the opposite nickle. My fsh was high -11 and 13 but my oestrogen level was 130!!! Looking for some help there too!!!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hey ladies

just wanted to say you do know this thread was started in june 05!

happy for you to keep talking here as intreasted in oestoren levels

xxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.