Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Off topic - weight loss

910 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Angel Child 
#1 ·
Hello ladies,

Thank you to all of you for kind comments on my new slimline self.

For those who asked - it was a combination of Weight Watchers and the gym. I was working shifts when I started, so found it impossible to get to meetings - I joined WW online and it just worked for me. I counted points rather than calories, and bought some things to make it easier. A couple of cook books, one of their sets of scales that counts points, and some shopping and eating out guides. I guess the most important thing was motivation to do it. Sadly, I can't tell you what made me start, because it just felt right. I think it was partly the shock of finding my fairly new size 16 jeans were getting a bit too snug (I had only bought them because my normal size 14s were just too tight!).

As for will power - once my clothes started to feel loose (and it was only a few weeks) that was all the motivation I needed. I still need will power to go to the gym, because I find it so boring, but I always treated myself afterwards to a coffee (with cream and a little biscuit!), so I concentrated on looking forward to that!

The great thing about Weight Watchers is that I have not denied myself anything. Previous diets have always failed for me because they were always about denial or limiting my options. With this one I just choose low fat things, and tbh, I no longer crave fatty food - I was sat with people eating fish and chips for lunch yesterday and I felt nothing!!

WW should pay me for this advert!!

Anyway, all I have to do now is maintain this weight loss!

Love,
Solitaire
xxx

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Solitaire

Well done on your fantastic weight-loss!  I think you did absolutely the right thing, combining weightwatchers with visits to the gym as that seems to be the key to long term success.

I tried weightwatchers myself about 4 years ago and managed to lose about 17lbs.  Once I got into the diet it just became a way of life and was quite simple to work out, although eating out was always more of a challenge!

I think the secret of long term sucess is not to go back to old habits once you have reached your goal weight and continue to follow the maintenance plan.  I didn't follow this advice, and 4 years on, I'm back to my original starting weight  ::)  So please don't do what I did!!  Needless to say I will be going back to WW after my holiday!

All the best,

Eilidh

#4 ·
Lol weighTwitchers - that's a funny one. Like birdwatchers are twitchers. So weighTwitchers are people who watch what they weigh (!)
Bernie  ;)

#5 ·
Oh LOL Eilidh - well I think 'weighTwitchers' sums it up perfectly, because I know I was forever 'twitchin' whilst I was doing WW because I had a few times where my weight stayed the same for weeks and weeks! It drove me absolutely potty because I felt like I was paying my subs for nothing!

I've since realised that the reason my weight remained the same is because I had upped exercising so although my clothes were getting looser I was building muscle - which weighs more than fat - d'oh!

I have also fallen well and truly off the 'weighTwitchers' wagon and need to get back into the habit of being more healthy once again!

Thank you Eilidh for giving me a really good giggle. Well done to you Solitaire! You slinky sexy beast, you!  ^bow^

Love
Emcee xxx

#6 ·
Hi Solitaire,

Sounds like you've done really well with weight loss!  8) I joined the twitchers on Thursday. I have yo-yo dieted for years and put on sooooo much weight since my tx failed. I have never eaten particularly healthily, so I am hoping that it will teach me to eat healthily long term, rather than just quick weight loss like with milkshake diets!! I can't wait until I stop craving fatty foods!!!

Angel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.