Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really starting to feel fed up ... not sure if its hormones.... not sure if its the weather ..... not sure if its because I am starting to feel so restricted in what I can and can't physically do. 

I have always been an active get on a do it kind of person and now I feel I am waiting for everyone else to be around to help... even down to the bloomin food shopping !!!

I know I should (and I really do) feel grateful that I have been lucky enough to get this far with the pregnancy and I can't wait to meet my little one and forfill my life times dream of becoming a mother but this pregnancy is starting to really get me down. 

Is this normal ... even after all we put ourselves through to get to this stage???

Have any of you lovely ladies experienced this if so how did you deal with it???

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Hi Hun  ^hugme^

Yes I think it is normal. I got a bit fed up towards the end, I felt very uncomfortable and got really tired really quickly and did get frustrated that normal everyday jobs took for ever to get done. The last ten weeks weren't all bad though, you might find you go through patches of feeling a bit rough and then not feeling too bad for a bit, while your body and you adjust to the latest increase of your girth! I think it's also 'cos you just want to 'get there' and meet your baby.

Food shopping - I just put less in each bag and made more trips to and from the car!

Dog walks -  I went just as far but considerably slower! (Wiping his feet when we came in was a bit tricky though! Took half an hour to stand back up !!)

Hang in there, I promise as you reach your due date you'll be wondering where the weeks have gone!

B x  :-*

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Hi,

I'm at a similar stage of pregnancy & I've been feeling exactly the same as you, fed up, want it all to be over, frustrated at things I want to do & can't because of my size, lack of energy, backache etc. I feel bad for thinking, let alone saying such things, having gone through so much to get pregnant & still being utterly grateful to be pregnant, but I think it's just part of being pregnant for some women. The slowing down does take some adjusting to but I've found that having lower expectations of myself & what I can get done in a single day means that I'm not so frustrated with myself. Just scared by the thought of everything that still needs doing!

Hope the last part of this journey goes quickly for the both of us. Best wishes,

Flavia.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you everyone for your kind words of support.

Just gonna have to learn to slow down a little... hopefully the weather will pick up soon and maybe my mood will lift ;)

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Don't forget that this is a new period in your life - things will never be the same again.
Its a huge ajustment that you are going through and that can take some getting your head round.

Plus physically the last trimester is very demanding, plus the worry about 'giving birth' and then coping with a new baby - you are bound to be hormonally anxious and fed up. I think everyone is!

I promise though no matter how bad pregnancy is, as soon as little one is in your arms it won't matter 1 iota!!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
well lets just say for the last couple of wks im feelin the strain and cant hardly do anything that i want todo.i cant clear up,have a 5 min walk in to town because it wears me out too much,even working i cant do at the min,i cant get dressed without being in pain,food shopping??whats that?? ;D cant walk around without struggling so get dh todo it most of the time now.i can hardly do anything and ive got about 3months togo yet ;D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I totally relate. I have been embracing this pregnancy and have been feeling great but yesterday (at 32 weeks) it's like i hit a wall and just couldn't cope. It was hot, nothing felt right to wear because my legs have been completely taken over by hideous veins, and i'm having to face up to the fact i can't go for the long walks i love without ending up with various aches and pains. it already gutted me to quit jogging at 28 weeks but i thought i'd still be able to WALK!

Eight more weeks sounds like an eternity and things are only going to get more difficult as bump gets a lot bigger.

i have no idea what the solution is except to just keep thinking positive about the future and remember that baby needs me to slow down and provide a nurturing environment.

best wishes to everyone on the final stretch!!

G

·
Not long to go now but I totally understand how you feel.  I hated being pregnant as I was soooo wiped out and devoid of energy after 8 weeks.  It didn't help that I was constantly being sick for the following 10 weeks or so either.  I'm envious that you managed to keep jogging up to 28 weeks so you've done really well!!!

I couldn't even walk into town as I couldn't manage the hill to get home. I had no idea that I wouldn't have any energy to do anything and certainly at 32 weeks I was willing them to get to 34 weeks quickly (so sucking reflex is developed and no SCBU) and then every day over 36 D R A G G E D on and on and on and on!

·
Registered
416 Posts
When friends kept asking me if I'd had enough of being pregnant yet, I always said I'd never feel fed up after taking so long to get this far. But the last week or so I have been feeling SO fed up with pregnancy. I too want to be able to sleep on tummy, roll over in bed, start exercising again, carry shopping, etc etc. So I hope it's normal to feel this way. 3rd tri is definitely the hardest. Never mind, not too far to the finish post now....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I too am completely fed up by this point, and am feeling a bit guilty about it... but I tell myself, it's so important that the baby is ok, and that's the main thing. Still, at nights it's becoming really frustrating & even excruciating at times... oh well, I'm hoping there's not THAT much longer to go now (provided I'm not overdue  ^reiki^) The worst thing for me at the moment is the not being able to breathe properly bit, and also not being able to roll over in bed normally...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have to say its the bed bit that is bugging me... if only I could get comfortable enough to have a good nights sleep I think all the rest of the frustration throughout the day would in fact wash over me.  I know its getting me ready for when little one is here.... Christ only knows how many times I have been told that by people... in fact I swear the next person who utters them words might just get a shock  ;D ;D ;D .... O goodness can you tell I have had YET another nights restless backbreaking... sitting bolt upright not being able to lye on my side kinder sleep  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ never mind as you have said not long now... and then DH can take over for at least one night to allow me the luxury of lying on my side or tummy ...... I might just sleep for nine months though  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Thanks for all your support on this one ladies... The more I think about it the more I feel we shouldn't feel guilty after all despite what we had to go through to get to this point, the pregnancies themselves are no different to a normal one... I mean babies grow the same way and our bodies change in the same way and I am sure all what we experiencing most women do in that last tri (or for you twinning gals maybe a little earlier ;) )

Lets keep focused .. as you say not long to go now.  Maybe we could keep this thread going just for a place to have a tired little whinge whenever it all gets too much ... at least we will know everyone on here totally relates to what each other is going through ;)

Looks like another hot one ladies .... so feet up ... rest and loadsa frustration  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^NahNah^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts